Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady customer service

Bummy425

Just wanted to share some love about Hornady CS this morning. I broke a shell plate pawl on my LNL yesterday (totally my fault, I forced it instead of loosening the shell plate to remove a case with a partially seated primer). I just called Hornady and they are dropping two new pawls in the mail today at no charge.

Well done I couldnt ask for more. To be honest I wouldn't have had an issue with paying for them. That is what keeps customers.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

They've been good to me.

Unfortunately, I had to send my press back as soon as I opened it. The entire ram was canted clockwise far enough that the leg for the case feeder could touch the press frame through part of it's travel.

I had some other minor issues that they resolved quickly as well (shim for the powder measure so it wouldn't rotate, broken pawl, pretty normal stuff from seeing other people's issues on various forums).

...shim for the powder measure so it wouldn't rotate,

Tell me more about this? My only squib ever came about when my powder measure unlocked and got pushed up instead of dropping a charge in one case before I noticed. Now I check it every time I refill the primer tube but if there's a permanent fix I'd be happy!

Also, Hornady (and RCBS) CS have been great to me too. They don't brag about No BS but they sure deliver on it.

Tell me more about this? My only squib ever came about when my powder measure unlocked and got pushed up instead of dropping a charge in one case before I noticed. Now I check it every time I refill the primer tube but if there's a permanent fix I'd be happy!

Also, Hornady (and RCBS) CS have been great to me too. They don't brag about No BS but they sure deliver on it.

As a very long time reloader, I can tell you that most company's customer service was sketchy at best until a certain company known for the color blue came along and started offering that No BS warranty.

It's basically a 1-1/2" arbor shim (it's very thin, I didn't measure it though) that's split on one end to get over the lugs on the bushing. You can do it the ghetto way like I did before I called Hornady and roll 1/2" piece of masking tape into an "o-ring" and place it under the rubber o-ring. It will crush and take up slack in the bushing like the shim does.

My only squib came when my powder measure unlocked. Now I check every time I refill the primer tube!

The BEST way to NOT have a squib is to have a good light, and

Look Into Every Case before you seat the bullet = don't ask how I know :(

I have mixed reviews on Hornady's customer service. I guess it depends on who answers the phone when I call. I've had some people who were extremely helpful and willing to help me with issues I was having with the LnL. Others were much less inclined to send parts - as if they were coming out of their own paycheck.

Pete, I just ran a couple revolutions of teflon tape on the bushing before inserting....im sure any tape would work

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I have been using my LNL for 5 years now and have had multiple calls to Hornady CS. Everytime they have been very helpful explained the issue and sent new parts out at no charge. I have only had one issue ( double Charge) and that was when my Guide rod of the prime loader broke and was loading primers by hand for some loads i need. Best investment was the lockout powder check die and Deluxe Control Panel

#############

The Hornady Lock-N-Load Deluxe Control Panel includes digital readout panel, wire harness, cycle counter, primer slide sensor, powder safeguard die, powder level sensor and primer level sensor. The easy-to-read digital display with multiple sensors allows you to set audible and visual alarms for primer quantity level, powder hopper level, and primer slide check. The Powder Safeguard Die checks straight-walled cartridges from .380 to 45 caliber for powder charges and physically halts the reloading stroke when a no-charge or double charge is detected. The LED panel displays the number of press strokes, and also alerts the user when a sensor detects a low primer/powder level or other issue.

#############

I have been very satisfied and have been getting consistent loads for the same settings for 5 years.

BGC

From 1988 till now I have had everyone's equipment. Hornady, Lee, Dillion, Lyman, RCBS, Redding and Foster. All their customer service reps have been good most of the time. I am an equipment junkie. Shooting is boring but love to hand load and cast bullets. I change press's about every 5 years or so to try something new.

For all the Blue lovers they have their off days too. ;)