Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No name cz mags?

biglou13

Was at local fun show yesterday.....

Saw some no name cz75 magazines and very inexpensive...

Any one have any info and or opinions?

I didn't bring my cz to check function the the followers looked cheap, finish was different than stock or mec gars.

I was thinking maybe a little tuning, spring, follower and I have a less expensive set of beater/ training mags......

I've read that Megar makes the CZ pistol magazines for CZ. The difference is you pay almost twice as much for the ones that say "CZ" on them vs. the ones that only say "Mecgar".

I've bought several 14, 16 and 18/19 round Mecgar magazines for my CZ pistols and they all work great.

Oh, I've gotten the 16 rounds ones on sale for as low as $18.95 each and the 19 round ones for about $28 each.

It seems like Mecgar is making magazines for everyone these days. If I see Mecgar and the round count is right, I wouldn't hesitate. Any other off brand, I'd stay away until I read a few glowing reviews.

Edited by Almo

• 2 weeks later...

Mec gars for $20-25 per mag are pretty cheap and are awesome mags. For this price and quality it wouldn't really be worth going any cheaper!

+1

I now have 20 of them :blink: . Seems nuts but for reload & etc practice it is just cool to be doing your thing instead of always picking up mags.

I only load to 10 rounds so I do not know about reliability if you use them at capacity. For a while I would clean them now and then, but to my knowledge I have never had a single problem so now I just use them and do not bother with any maintenance.