Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Blue Bullets and Case lube question

LawDog64

I have recently started using case lube while loading my 9mm loads to make things go a little smoother. Today I found some cases I didn't get to load during my last session and had already sprayed with Dillon case lube. I noticed the cases seemed to feel sticky and gummy. I now have a fear that my loaded rounds are probably in the same boat as I didn't tumble my loaded rounds.

I have two questions:

1. Is this normal or am I using too much case lube.

2. Whats the best way to clean the case lube off without damaging the coating on The Blue Bullets? I know people tumble their loaded rounds I just don't want to expose the lead on these bullets

I never clean case lube off my loaded pistol rounds. I have used RCBS Caseslick spray and now the DIY version of the Dillon case lube you can find on the net. I just put a couple sprays in a tupper ware container, dump some brass in, do one more small squirt and shake.

Never noticed much in terms of stickness you might be using a little bit too much.

Hopefully someone else has an idea on removing the case lube (if you so desire).

if you live in a sandy or dust area taking off the lube is a good idea. just put the rounds in your tumbler with corncob and tumble for 1/2 hour. if the coating comes off in 1/2 hour of tumbling something is not right with it .

tumbled thousands of coated rounds and they never too the coating off

I lay a small towel down, spread the loaded rounds across half, fold over and rub/roll for a few passes. It is gets most of the lube off.

This^^^

I have a specific towel i use, spray it down with Silicon Spray then wipe the rounds after i load them. i can get through 500 rounds in less than 5 minutes. wipes the case lube off, and then the bullets are a little slick. win-win.