shooters inovation scales grip

biglou13

http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ-SCALES-RED-CZRED001.htm

ive shot stock, and some un-marked thin grips

these came up in classified and i finally bought some

these are my favorite !!!!

they are not cutting or un-comfortable as some reviews

i have big hands size 8 gloves

i do get slight discomfort on my right hand third and fourth finger, they wrap around to left side of grip from pressure from left hand

I wouldn't necessarily call it discomfort but it is immediate input as to quality of grip, a check that the other grips did not afford

I do feel these definitely improved my grip..... we'll see if improvement also shows down range

now i wont have to worry about cutting skateboard deck material, or texturing grips

only caveat is my cz may be out of spec. i had to re-profile/re- slot the grip to get screw 90 degrees cheap round file, magnifier and 10 minutes of work. Thank god i did not strip my frame out!! i'd suggest anyone else buying these to approach installation with caution, follow mfgr directions.

I should have bought these months ago!!!

Edited by biglou13

If you are not comfortable slotting the Scale grip screw hole to alow the screw to go in perfectly straight, seek the assistance of a qualified gunsmith.

The above from their web site. I'm tempted, but for $85 (and probably more for shipping) it seems like they would get the dimensions right.

turns out user here i bought them from no issues mounting

but looking at it with loupe...tight fit for him also fron the wear in hole.

im thinking my cz may be a few mics off ( maybe they guy drilling and tapping was a bit hungover on czech beer)

i'm glad i read the directions on web site other wise i would be crying about stripped frame

$85 and shipping.... i know that's why i've been waiting for one to show up on classifieds to try theese... i didn't want to be that guy with red grips..... but for $60 i'm that guy

its a tiny straight screw stainless, i'd prefer allen. im going to try and find a replacement at hardware store....

Edited by biglou13

post-43685-0-85986600-1468880571_thumb.j

For my hands and grip, it would not be correct to say that they were 'uncomfortable' in stock form, 'very very painful' would nail it right down though. Last digits of the strong hand middle and third fingers just did not like being mashed into sharp edged holes.

I also can't figure supplying an $85 dollar aluminum grip without two $0.06 lock washers and I think the supplier was partying heavily when they dreamed up the add hype (apparently these grips will make you a grand master without practicing, help you lose weigh while eating anything you want, and make you more irresistible to the opposite sex).

Niggles aside, after a $0.93 total investment (two grommets and a couple lock washers) they seem to help me position my hand higher and I'm anxious to spend some time with them. Grommets seem like they want to stay in place so far, would like to find a blem and play with some jb weld to fill the holes in place of the grommets just to see if I liked that better.

I just got the scales 2.0. Put them on but they didn't quite fit my hand right. The extra grip they put on them I could see helping a lot if it fit your hand well.

Oh well..off to the classifieds section they go. I think they are definitely worth a try though, they are really well made.

I just got the scales 2.0. Put them on but they didn't quite fit my hand right. The extra grip they put on them I could see helping a lot if it fit your hand well.

Oh well..off to the classifieds section they go. I think they are definitely worth a try though, they are really well made.

You didn't like them compared to the originals or just other grips?

I sent you a message.

Edited by LeviSS

I didn't like them compared to my current grips which are the Lok grips with the rough neck pattern. I think I've spent over 400 just trying out different grips and with my hand size and grip technique, the Lok ones seem to fit the best. I also prefer grips that will pretty much grate the palm of my hand just to create enough friction.

The extra little bumps on the Scales 2.0 are pretty sharp. I'm sure they would be plenty grippy for most people.

attachicon.gifgrommet.JPG

For my hands and grip, it would not be correct to say that they were 'uncomfortable' in stock form, 'very very painful' would nail it right down though. Last digits of the strong hand middle and third fingers just did not like being mashed into sharp edged holes.

I also can't figure supplying an $85 dollar aluminum grip without two $0.06 lock washers and I think the supplier was partying heavily when they dreamed up the add hype (apparently these grips will make you a grand master without practicing, help you lose weigh while eating anything you want, and make you more irresistible to the opposite sex).

Niggles aside, after a $0.93 total investment (two grommets and a couple lock washers) they seem to help me position my hand higher and I'm anxious to spend some time with them. Grommets seem like they want to stay in place so far, would like to find a blem and play with some jb weld to fill the holes in place of the grommets just to see if I liked that better.

can you post pics of mods

it is uncomfortable but it lets me know my grip is on point.

couldn't find the rough neck pattern cab u post a link?

haven't tried the 2.0 the 1.0 is plenty grippy

I also had to adjust the screw hole on the scale grip. I'm sure your cz isn't out of spec. Almost certainly the scale grip is not drilled correctly. I find the grip screw plus a small rubber O ring hold the grip on well.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't make the grip work for my hands and my persnickety preferences at the range. It felt good during dry fire but just did not work for me with live ammo.

Went on to try this one http://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-75-sp01-shadow-palm-swell-bogies-g10-grips-by-lokgrips/

The mounting could be better (had to run to the hardware store to grab a couple lock washers and the CZ tolerance thing means you will have to do something to tighten gaps on some guns , similar to needing to bore screw holes sometimes when using the scales grip).

Otherwise, just ordered a 2nd pair for my back up gun, really happy with them, particularly when hands are sweaty. My 2nd favorite grip is the original cz oem rubber grip.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• 2 weeks later...

I found the correct thread pitch and bought nylon screws for my grips. No more concern of screwing my threads and ruining my frame. Grip panels don't need to be wrenched on and just a few ounces of torque keep them secure. I run these nylon screws on all my CZs. No issues of coming loose because they bite into the threads

I found the correct thread pitch and bought nylon screws for my grips. No more concern of screwing my threads and ruining my frame. Grip panels don't need to be wrenched on and just a few ounces of torque keep them secure. I run these nylon screws on all my CZs. No issues of coming loose because they bite into the threads

Smart. I plan to steal that idea. I'm guessing that if I take one of the original screws to any hardware store that has metric nylon then it will be easy to figure things out. Never looked for metric nylon hardware before though.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F33CNSG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use a razor blade to trim and match the length of OEM screws. I have used these for over a year and think I only replaced them once. I get them to the end of being tight and snug them up just a little. They never back out and the threads look sharp and perfect. I dont worry about the dreaded cross threading of the frame holes any more.

These are most valuable on the alloy frames. I was pissed on my p-01 I sent to CZC for the SDP package the holes to the grip panels CZC make were off center and because the screw was put in anyway the threads were messed with a little. Steel screw in alloy threads is bad juju. I ran a tap and cleaned them up then went to these nylon screws and never worried again.

Edited by brian45acp

I never bought those grips but I saw you guys talking about the issues of messing the threads up on the frame.

Its funny that people still want to replace the OEM grips. I tried once and sent the VZ grips back. Nothing beats the stock grips for shape and traction

I never bought those grips but I saw you guys talking about the issues of messing the threads up on the frame.

Its funny that people still want to replace the OEM grips. I tried once and sent the VZ grips back. Nothing beats the stock grips for shape and traction

Palm Swell Bogies G10 Grips by LokGrips

Same shape as the stock grips for all intents and purposes (unless you choose the thumb relief option) , a whole lot more traction.

Than you for the link to the screw info!!

Edited by IHAVEGAS

I've got those Palm Swell grips, but I discovered that they weigh a ton. My CZ with the grips weighs 37.07 oz :( That's with the OEM base pad.

edit: Palm swell grips weigh less than CZ aluminum grips. My gun is just a fatty.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

I've got those Palm Swell grips, but I discovered that they weigh a ton. My CZ with the grips weighs 37.07 oz :( That's with the OEM base pad.

You got me curious. On my scale 1 side only , rubber oem = 32.18 grams (1.135 ounces), palm swell = 32.70 grams (1.153 ounces) . I don't have any oem plastics or others to compare to, but my guess is that the plastics are maybe 12 grams per side ish.

Is that a bad thing?

If it put you outside of maximum weight limits on a competition gun (I think USPSA typically allows about 2 ounces over oem weight for production class and IDPA is somewhere around 40 ounces, from memory) it could be a bad thing. Otherwise I don't know of a reason that it would be a bad thing except for personal preference.