Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selling used primers

Foxbat

I would think it would just be whatever the scarp value is for brass. I throw bras cases, and primers in one bin, and separate bins for aluminum and steel cases. Once they are full, I plan to go see what scrap value I can get....

Last year when I went to sell brass to the scrap yard, they stated no nickel to be mixed in with the "clean yellow brass" and if they found 1 nickel case, the whole bucket would receive a lower price. Also, they would take fired primers, and they could not be mixed in with the "clean yellow brass" and had to be weighed separate from the "clean yellow brass." So call to see what the rules are where you are going to sell your brass to insure you can receive the best possible price and not be priced at the "dirty brass rate."

That's how all scrap is mjohn. You get more money for clean brass, copper, etc. When i was still plumbing, we would seperate clean copper and brass that had no solder (#1). Otherwise you get the price for dirty copper or brass (#2). The price difference usually wasnt enough to sift thru every little inch of pipe or piece, but just get the majority seperated and you'll do well

Daniel K