Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving from Glock, XL Hands ~ which Tang/EAA/Cz 9mm for USPSA Producti

Frankly

Title says it. I'm bewildered by choices, few of which are stocked locally. I'd like to try a classic metal gun, not that I'm unhappy with Glock. More curious than anything else. But I don't want to get lost in the 1911-2011 world or prices either....

Also, what basic upgrades are people doing within the production class?

I do have big hands so I want a larger frame and grip, maybe a flat trigger if legal.

And then just throw a Magwell on for 3-gun? Or ?

Big hands = Tanfo/EAA

Production stuff:

-Basic upgrade= basic Henning kit + you disassemble and polish all surfaces, i.e. you do the trigger job + Dawson front sight

-No flat trigger

-You will want to cut the front lips off the stock basepads, or buy some aftermarket (Shockbottle, Henning, Springer)

If you need a magwell for 3-Gun, you need to be doing more dryfire instead

The DA trigger practice will make your skill at triggering grow very very quickly

I moved same way from Glock to Tanfoglio.

Bought bunch of springs and inner parts in advance but I'm pretty happy with factory trigger of my new Stock II.

I changed front sight, EG grips and Hennings base pads.

First match and I jump 10 places up:)

I'm totally in love and suprised by my new tanfo.

I like Glocks but use only for IDPA or carry at the moment.

Stock 2 or 3. Maybe the "Xtreme" trigger that is less curved. Some like that, some don't.

The Henning grips are good with my XL hands.

Read up on trigger work / polishing. It makes a huge difference.

OK so strictly for USPSA and not carry, what model and configuration do I want to order? No decocker, no safeties, XL right hand.... I can call Henning next but welcome your opinions.

For Production? The Stock 2 or the Stock 3. Pick your poison.

They're all DA/SA with a safety you won't be using, and without a decocker (have to manually hammer-down at LAMR).

Agreed, either the 2 or if you want to save some money/tighter budget the 3.

Magwell totally unnecessary on either they have a lovely bevelled magwell.

Buy ammo.

For Production, the Tanfos definitely fit my big hands better. Stock 2 or 3, just depends if you want a rail.

For other divisions or 3 gun, the Tac Sport/Czechmate or Tanfo Limited are all good for large hands.

I own both Stock II and III (also Limited Custom). If you can afford it, the latest iteration of Stock II design is amazing. The standard Tanfoglio aluminum grips, on the picture above, will fit large hands better than Xtreme grips.

Buy ammo.

It's $877 vs $873 at Buds. Four dollars isn't a good reason for me to choose a gun. Anyone prefer a stock 3 over 2 that has shot both.... If so why?

I prefer Stock II because sights returns better than with Stock III. Make sure you're getting "new" Stock II - it's a different gun - see the New vs. Old thread recently here for details. Improved serrations and I need no grip tape anymore.

I believe, Xtreme line is a good value. 4 mags, pads, aluminum grips, FO front sight, factory polish, etc. I only change to 2.5mm wide front sight out of habit and install shock buffer. Coming from Glock, you'll probably find 3mm sight comfortable. I skip the accessories, then dry fire, live fire, and it's fine in a week.

00cc2d46bf51a15edec201e9e17939f0.jpg

Edited by arkadi

Buy ammo.

[/quotd It's $877 vs $873 at Buds. Four dollars isn't a good reason for me to choose a gun. Anyone prefer a stock 3 over 2 that has shot both.... If so why?

In my part of the world the difference is $1750 v $2250.

Unless you need a rail, I'd absolutely no question get the stock 2!!!