Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where did that target come from?

GlockGuy1

I hate it when that happens. I did that not to long ago because my head just wasn't in it. I wasn't paying attention to anyone else and I missed it on my walk through. I can guarantee I won't do that again.

On your walk through count the number of shots. If it doesn't match the wsb you are missing a target somewhere.

Also count the number of separate physical targets (of each type) and see if they match the WSB. It's easy to count one target twice.

(It happened last year to the MD at a LII, whow had designed all the stages. We were setting up the last stage, and we could only find 15 of the 16 listed targets. He was sure there were 16 (and pointed them all out while counting), but when we marked each one while counting them there were only 15. A very clever stage when it even fools the designer! And fun to shoot, as well.)

Edited by teros135

Happened to me today..first stage.

And I knew that the target was there.

My focus was moving to the next shooting position.....looked toward it when I moved.

Still didn't remember that I had failed to engage it yet...........

I hate that Sh.....

loosing 40 stage points sux...

On your walk through count the number of shots. If it doesn't match the wsb you are missing a target somewhere.

Great advice !!!

And, I even screwed this one up once - had some partially obscured targets and I counted one target

twice - so even though I missed another target, I thought every target was accounted for ...

Great advice !!!

And, I even screwed this one up once - had some partially obscured targets and I counted one target

twice - so even though I missed another target, I thought every target was accounted for ...

Been there done that. Lol