Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harbor Friegth welding cart

DanRobinson

or perhaps: http://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-60790.html

ETA: Nah, he must mean the other thing. Not sure either is best as the red one will get tippy if you don't have the weight at the bottom. I think the wagon approach works better or the stroller for 3G.

Edited by ChuckS

The red one is what I'm talking bout. I have seen them on different range s but always pulled out of a truck. Hop

ing someone had already come up with a quick take down solution I could copy. Hate to re-invent the wheel if it had already been done successfully.

If you did not like the swing/fold down suggestion you could totally remove the upper handle by removing 4 bolts instead of removing two and loosening the other two. Guess after that you could remove the wheels if necessary.

Why reinvent the wheel, so to speak? http://www.doublealpha.biz/eckla-beach-rollyfor like $99.00 + some shipping seems reasonable to me.

I know many will disagree with said "reasonable price", but think about how much money in sponsorship dollars companies like DAA put into our sport.

They sell many types... http://www.doublealpha.biz/range-carts?osCsid=f24820ffd44c87555bd7ed2176c9811d

I've been using the Harbor Freight welding cart for several years now. I typically haul it in the bed of a pickup truck but when hauling it in the trunk of a car, I pull off the handle and wheels.

I replaced the nuts that hold the handle with wing nuts so no tools are needed. I replaced the cotter pins that hold on the wheels with some pins I picked up from Home Depot. They look just like the pins used in Dillon primer tubes, only larger.

Dewalt makes a heavy duty plastic tool box that fits nicely into the cart. Two of those stacked on top of each other will hold a lot of gear. If its mid-summer, instead of the Dewalt tool boxes I place a small ice chest in the cart with a shooter's bag on top. To help hold everything together, I made a rail out of 1x2 wood bolted to the frame. Bungee cords also help.

I also added ATV gun racks so I can use it for 3 gunning.

One local range had rough terrain between stages and the big wheels made it easier to move gear than my Rugged Gear cart.

I've been using the Harbor Freight welding cart for several years now. I typically haul it in the bed of a pickup truck but when hauling it in the trunk of a car, I pull off the handle and wheels.

I replaced the nuts that hold the handle with wing nuts so no tools are needed. I replaced the cotter pins that hold on the wheels with some pins I picked up from Home Depot. They look just like the pins used in Dillon primer tubes, only larger.

Dewalt makes a heavy duty plastic tool box that fits nicely into the cart. Two of those stacked on top of each other will hold a lot of gear. If its mid-summer, instead of the Dewalt tool boxes I place a small ice chest in the cart with a shooter's bag on top. To help hold everything together, I made a rail out of 1x2 wood bolted to the frame. Bungee cords also help.

I also added ATV gun racks so I can use it for 3 gunning.

One local range had rough terrain between stages and the big wheels made it easier to move gear than my Rugged Gear cart.

I have the same cart set up in a similar fashion for 3 gun except that I use a larger MTM dry box that sits on the bottom shelf. Wing nuts, washers and longer bolts (with some spares) solved the handle issue.

Hello: Look at the Tipke Foldit cart. It is a little pricey but it folds flat easily and fits in the trunk of my diesel Jetta. You can make inserts to use it for 3-gun or sporting clays. Great around the house also to collect leaves etc. The DAA cart I bought works great for my Shooters Connection backpack as well. Both of these carts store easily on the wall and don't take up much garage space. Thanks, Eric