Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated Bullets In Your Glock

Kevin Kline

Which one do you guys prefer, Ranier's or Berry's plated bullets? I was looking for 9mm 147gr bullets. Any one have any experience? How were the results?

I've only tried Berry's through my 17. It shot well, polished up the bore really nicely. I can't note on accuracy because I am not very accurate so I probably could not get it to group as nicely as it could.

The Berry's have been pretty accurate for you guys also? I was looking for a 147gr either jacketed or plated. I was even considering Masterblaster's moly bullets in 147. I definitely want to stick with 147, but wanted to find something economical also. Any body know who's got good deals on any 147gr plated or jacketed?

I think Im going to jump on that offer, that looks better than most Ive found.

I know it's not exactly a Glock but I had an HK USP 45 with the polygonal rifling. I shot Rainers in it for years and it worked great and the accuracy (though I didn't really bench it) was great!

rainier, berry all work great in my G-lock.

i think the rainiers are better though.

FWIW, if i could get zeros for the price angus is selling them for, i wouldnt fool with a plated bullet.

Guys I will be testing some west coast bullets for the parent company in my open gun. this will be a real test on accuracy, leading , shear , and preasure in a kkm barrel . I will post the results as they come forward.

i will be testing a product they call a black pearl coated bullet. The rep says they are realy hard and should hold up. I hope so. also from my stand point they say the bullets generate lower presures. I realy hope so. we shall see.

Johnnie

Who shoots the Masterblaster moly bullets out of their Glocks? I picked up some of the 147gr 9mm bullets and wanted to see. I've got some jacketed 147's that I'll stick with unless I find the moly's are just as good and they're cheaper to your door.