Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ShotMaxx - do you wear it in matches?

MilkMyDuds

If so, do you find it interfere with your draw/reload considering its size?

Also, do you find it distracting having to press/start the spy mode during make ready?

Deciding if I should get it, and for me the main use will be the Spy Mode in matches as I love my Pocket Pro II too much. Thanks.

I use mine in practice mainly. Its also great for indoors using it in airsoft mode it will detect hammer strike. I've tried it in spy mode at a local match, but I always seem to forget I have it on after the course of fire.

Worst $150 I ever spent and that is a major mouthful because I have made some dumb purchases. It no longer works (assuming it ever did), but you are welcome to mine if you pay the postage. I believe DAA will get it working again for you (if you mean the display will light up and something will appear to be measured). Send me an address and it is yours. Best advice..buy a Pocket Pro and move on to something more valuable to your shooting. Same goes for my Tachyon video camera . Piece of crap. Takes nice pictures, but it won't work again until I reformat the memory card. Tech service was completely useless.

I'll trust you to send the postage since it isn't very much. Both products in original packaging with everything that was included. If you like these items I am sure I can find some other useless stuff I bought...hey yeah, there is that horrible reloading press monitor whose micro switches are impossible to attach to the press in a functional and durable manner. I've got all kind of stuff...how about a Chevy Vega on concrete blocks (I won't pay postage on that and you will have to get the Copper Heads out from underneath it.) My wife might be real nice to you if you get that out of the front yard.

Edited by Brooke

Worst $150 I ever spent and that is a major mouthful because I have made some dumb purchases. It no longer works (assuming it ever did), but you are welcome to mine if you pay the postage. I believe DAA will get it working again for you (if you mean the display will light up and something will appear to be measured). Send me an address and it is yours. Best advice..buy a Pocket Pro and move on to something more valuable to your shooting. Same goes for my Tachyon video camera . Piece of crap. Takes nice pictures, but it won't work again until I reformat the memory card. Tech service was completely useless.

I'll trust you to send the postage since it isn't very much. Both products in original packaging with everything that was included. If you like these items I am sure I can find some other useless stuff I bought...hey yeah, there is that horrible reloading press monitor whose micro switches are impossible to attach to the press in a functional and durable manner. I've got all kind of stuff...how about a Chevy Vega on concrete blocks (I won't pay postage on that and you will have to get the Copper Heads out from underneath it.) My wife might be real nice to you if you get that out of the front yard.

Tell us how you really feel ;)

I personally don't find wearing a watch distracting while competing, even larger watches like the ShotMaxx.

I had a ShotMaxx and used it for a short time when i was messing around with airsoft as a training aid for real ammo... but got out of airsoft AND got rid of the ShotMaxx.

My ShotMaxx worked fine, but i found it too cumbersome compared to nearly every other shot timer. IMO the biggest problem with the ShotMaxx is when you're trying to use it with a partner and want to hand them the timer to run you - sux to have to take it off and pass your watch/timer around.

Unless you just want it for airsoft, i'd just go with the ced7000.

Taking your watch of takes about 2 seconds don't see the problem in that ?

And if you are using it for yourself it is not in the way .

Really like the shotmaxx, i just don't use the spy mode .

Edited by Tino2212

I use the spy mode in practice and matches. At first it was distracting and sometimes forget to push the "start" but when I got the hang of it, its very helpful in analizing splits between shots, targets, positions etc. also the stop watch is very helpful in timing movers. But for a full time timer in the range its beep is almost inaudible with ear plugs + muffs on and wrists hanging on sides starts, so I still use my CED pro. In dry fire its where it shines for me. For the size of a normal watch, its not intrusive. I hate timers in belt clips. I usually dislodge and drop them when doing low port, kneeling and similar positions.

Eta. Had my share of problems with the shotmaxx. The first ones went south in just a few usage. DAA took care to replace them. My present one is my third replacement and its going fine for quite some time now. Inspite of my initial neg. experience I think its a very good timer with its numerous functions so I hope DAA will make it work reliably.

Edited by BoyGlock