Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best steak for 3-gun?

Charley's Steakhouse Chain in FL. I used to visit the Tampa location every 3 months over the course of 6 years and it still is the bar I set when comparing others. The Ages fillet steaks are so tender you can literally cut them with the back of a butter knife. Amazing!

http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/about/locations/

Best steak I ever had was at Barclay Prime in Philly. Also one of the fanciest places I have ever been too. Before dinner was served the waiter came out with a selection of different knives and explained the difference and how the weight of the knife affects the meat. I had no idea what he was talking about with the knives but that steak was ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pashaw!!!! The best steak, bar none, was served to me in Copenhagen Denmark by Peter Anderson, a world renounded chef in his very own restaurant. He is also an IROA CRO and a hell of a shot as well. As he said....rib eye is the best!! Yeah it was the Nordic Rifle Championships, so this may be a one gun steak, but it was the best I ever had!!! :)

I used to work at the Amphib base in Coronado, and Mexico was slingshot distance away. There used to be a little grill down in Rosarita Beach, and the wife and I would ride down. We could get two filet dinners with all the trimmings and a couple Caronas (before it was even sold in the US), and leave a generous tip for about $20. Good memories. Of course this was in the late 80's.

WJ's in Booneville was good, as was the company. When we were down in MO this spring for the M3GC, Tim Ubl, Jay Carillo and myself made it to a great place called Baxter's down by the Lake of the Ozarks. The calamari and steak were excellent, as was the service.

Edited by Shooter115

I like the inner and outer steak....the porter house T bone....just like a 3-gun belt you have the soft " inner steak" and a firm "outer steak". I have be schooled by all the "experts" if you don't have a good inner/outer system you just cant be winning! :lol:

New York steak pulled out 24 hours before cooking. That with pot of water on top of it for 25min. Salt the steak and let it sit 10 min. Put in a ziploc bag with johnnys, Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, and a tiny bit of whiskey. Let it sit in the fridge for 23 hours. Put it on the grill and sear one side, flip it and cook for 5-7min, flip again and cook 4-5min or to 145 degrees inside. Before you eat it, take an apple cider vinegar bath with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in there. Soak in it for 30min. Once you eat the steak, your body will absorb in the nutrients from it.

Edited by Snopczynski