Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CTS Longslide Shadow for production.

himurax13

APPENDIX D4 —Production Division, 21.3: You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

I suspect you're considering manufacturing a CTS using a 75 SA frame and a TS slide. If this is the case, the 75 SA is not production legal. Even if you were to use a Production legal 75 Shadow frame, the TS slide would not be the same length and contour of the original for that model. The only way I could see you legally using a TS slide in production is if you put one on a Production legal CTS lower (but if you had a CTS lower I can't see why you wouldn't have a CTS upper).

Actually..the TS slide is same contour, length, as the CTS slide. so if you had a 75 CTS LS P pistol and for some reason your slide needed replacement. you could use a TS slide if that is what you had.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to dig up this thread but it seemed most fitting.

What would it take to make a pseudo CTS LS P for someone who lives in California? 75b shadow lower and TS upper sent to cz custom? 

I know it's technically not uspsa legal but it looks like a fun gun to run just at local matches. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Gcarr said:

Why not just buy my CTS LSP that is listed in the classifieds ??? ;0)

Not that out of state folks may care about those of us in CA, but if the handgun an individual is trying to purchase isn't on this roster:

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Then the individual cannot purchase the handgun from a FFL unless said individual is roster exempt (basically LEO).  There are certain ways where roster does not apply. The most common situation being a CA resident selling/transferring to another CA resident which in CA is known as a private party transfer (PPT for short).

This is why off roster firearms such as CZ shadows, various Tanfoglio models and other competition oriented handguns command such a premium here in CA.  They're just a lot harder to come by since supply is extremely low.

I could ask a million questions on the laws out there ... Then probably a million more... And I am sure I would not like most of the answers. Sorry you guys have to work around all the craziness to enjoy shooting.