Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 650 Setup

Rikarin

Matt was chuckling when I said "Dillon crashes my interior scheme unless it come in white" :P

But here in Kalifornia, where real esate is fortune and I live in condo where no laxuarity of garage or basement exist, I am so proud of my dillon setup. Its in the coat closet. Now you see, now you don't. I bolted shelving to the wall.

I am just so proud of myself patting my own back!

Buhahahha! yep I am so type A. and John, you cracked me up.

now I feel "pressure from others" and have to buy 1050 to keep up with the joneses. <_<

Thank you thank you!

Pretty good for a girl....[insert unsolicited male chauvinist type advice here]! :P

Seriously, very nice set-up.  Now Sig Lady is going to have to put a 1050 in her closet to keep up with the Joneses!

Dammit, now I'm gonna have to get a 1050, w/ bullet feeder, just so I won't be beaten by a GRRRRRRLLLLLLL...... :angry:

:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

Nice lookin' closet :) Hope to see something similar in my house soon :)

My computer hutch isn't that clean and neat. We won't even talk about my reloading bench! My wife banned me to the garage years ago. I think it had something to do with "C" clamping the press to the kitchen table. :rolleyes: Like the light setup. Luckily I got to Ca. before the prices went nuts. My $70K home is now over $750K.

I did pretty much the same thing back in England, lived in a small 1 bedroom house with no garage, so the press was installed behind the sliding wardrobe doors. Now in USA it's in the closet, mounted to a Black&Decker workbench.

I like the illumination that you added, that's something I have to work on, it's a little tough to see inside the case at the moment.

I like the "Stealth" aspect.  :)

She lives in Kalifornia, so it is probably a good idea. If that reloading set up was built by a guy, I would make a "Time to come out of the closet" comment.

Nice set up, one of these days I will get around to cleaning my reloading area, and post a pic of it on here.

I dunno Rikaren, doesn't look like a lot of room for the beer, and I don't think you can see the TV from there...and is it close to the bathroom?

but anyway, it does look exceptional...so, where did you hide the case tumbler, under the sink?

michaels

I dunno Rikaren, doesn't look like a lot of room for the beer, and I don't think you can see the TV from there...and is it close to the bathroom?

but anyway, it does look exceptional...so, where did you hide the case tumbler, under the sink?

michaels

Hahahhaha! Well, dah! I forget about beer and TV. :D

I haven't bought tumbler yet. I am still debating because its hella noisy and dusty I am not sure where to run that stuff. I don't think I can stand for that noise for half hour!

So far, its all indoor range brass and I wipe them off with dump cloth.

Rikarin, at some point you are going to need a tumbler, have a patio or deck? I have put brass in a mesh laundry bag and washed them in the dish washer or run them thru the washer&dryer with throw rugs and cleaning rags ect. Just make sure they are really dry.----Larry

Rikarin,

I kinda suspected that you might not be using tumbler.

Quick reply... you need one. (unless you buy used brass from somebody that has already ran it though one...even then, I usually run it a bit more to get the polish/slickness better))

I haven't bought tumbler yet.  I am still debating because its hella noisy and dusty I am not sure where to run that stuff. I don't think I can stand for that noise for half hour! 

Just an idea...

I don't like the noise of the tumbler nor the dust. I have to tumble my brass inside my apartment so I put my tumbler inside of a trunk like this:

15960_59066_sq250.jpg

I also store my extra media inside, next to the tumbler. Makes for very quite tumbling and easy cleanup!

They probably come in white (or blue to match your Dillon) with wooden trim and I bet it would store nicely under your bench in your closet... could double as a foot rest while reloading, too. ;)

:D

I haven't bought tumbler yet.  I am still debating because its hella noisy and dusty I am not sure where to run that stuff. I don't think I can stand for that noise for half hour! 

I seem to recall back when I was in UK that there was some liquid stuff that cleaned brass. The brass was just dumped into a bucket that held this stuff then sieve it out after an hour or two and it was as shiny as new... I wish I could remember what it was called. I'll do some searches...

I seem to recall back when I was in UK that there was some liquid stuff that cleaned brass. The brass was just dumped into a bucket that held this stuff then sieve it out after an hour or two and it was as shiny as new... I wish I could remember what it was called. I'll do some searches...

Iosso makes a case cleaner, I've used it and it works very well. I thing Midway and Cabela's cary it. The kit comes with a mesh bag and a small bucket. Order an extra bottle of Cleaner if you get one.

Birchwood Casey makes one as well:

Brass Cartridge Case Cleaner

Super concentrate – this one bottle makes over two gallons of reusable cleaning solution and will clean 8,000 medium sized cases. Easily removes resizing lubricant, oils, grime and stains from brass cartridge cases. Restores them to original finish for reliable operation. Helps remove powder residue. Brass Cartridge Case Cleaner is a safe, non-fuming, non-etching solution that won’t weaken cases. Reusable – store solution in a plastic or glass container (not metal) and use when needed.

Kinda wonder about the tumbler chuggin away inside that closed foot locker. I remember when mine torched off(didnt flame, just melted) sitting in the middle of the garage on a concret floor. Dont the directions say something about ventilation.----Larry

Kinda wonder about the tumbler chuggin away inside that closed foot locker. I remember when mine torched off(didnt flame, just melted) sitting in the middle of the garage on a concret floor. Dont the directions say something about ventilation.----Larry

Well, it's supervised and the power cord makes it a lil difficult to close all the way... but if you push hard enough... :rolleyes: Directions?... So, poke holes in the top like you would for captured insects. Steak knives or screw drivers work best,... don't cut yourself! :lol:

Dangit! I think I left my curling iron on...

:P

sorry... bored at work n' feelin' a tad sassy. :D

I think it was on here, but it was larger than a trunk and had vents. That locker will probaly be ok as long as she dosent leave and forget it. It is compact and handy. The one that I had that nuked was one of the older midway units that were recalled for that reason.-----Larry