Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow Ultra Thin Safety Set Install/Fitting

LP10

Just picked up a set of the Ultra Thin Safeties for my Shadow from Cajun Gun Works. I haven't messed with them yet, but I know that it usually takes some fitting to get right in the Shadow. Has anyone done this themselves instead of giving it to a gunsmith? Looking for any pointers/tips/directions that goes into the fitting/install of the thin safety set. Thanks.

You might try just installing them first before worrying about fitting them. I put on a set of the thin safeties last week and they fit/worked great out of the box. Didn't have to fit them at all.

Only problem I had was I couldn't tell by "feel" if the left safety lever was off or not during the draw, so I reinstalled the stock safety on the left and kept the thin safety on the right. Works great.

Edited by SWHlctx

I followed these instructions when fitting mine. Not a big deal if you're patient and remove tiny amounts of metal at a time.

Me too. Go very slowly. You can remove material quite easily. Adding more is difficult at best, and expensive at the worst.

Took a couple hours as i recall. And, they aren't perfectly aligned. One side sits at an very slight angle. However they work and pass a function check. Pretty sure no one would ever notice but me.

For the D leg on the safety, maybe 5 minutes with a small file. Make sure to test it in the gun before as you do it, not just out of the gun, as you can end up removing too much and having a floppy right side safety.As Stuart said (in the linked thread above) when it comes to the sear/safety fit, work on the sear, not the safety, it takes about 5 minutes to make that fit work.

Only problem I had was I couldn't tell by "feel" if the left safety lever was off or not during the draw, so I reinstalled the stock safety on the left and kept the thin safety on the right. Works great.

I have had the thin safeties on my Shadow all along, never use them or even notice them, I have no need to feel them on the draw.

Eric

Got them fitted in there with no slop and an extra power spring to help insure no accidental bumping. Makes a world of difference in my opinion. I can get my hands much higher with comfort now. Took just a little shaping to match the ones that were in there. Thanks for the help.

Honestly no directions needed if you have a set of safeties that were already installed and working. Just mimick the shape and angles a little at a time and work it in. Took about 30 minutes.

I installed a set today, 5 min of file work and a total of 20 min start to finish. Tomorrow I'm doing the 10X bushing. Soaking in PB Blaster now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk