Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Les Baer Premier 2 40SW

doc88

I have one that I bought new in 2006. It's hard chromed though. Took a visit to Virgil Tripp to get it running, but it's been fine since. The gun is heavy however. The frame is heavier than most. With an aluminum guide rod and careful attention to grip panels is just squeaks by.

I normally shoot another unicorn; a Kimber 40

I might be enticed into letting the Baer go if any one has a serious interest...

I have one that I bought new in 2006. It's hard chromed though. Took a visit to Virgil Tripp to get it running, but it's been fine since. The gun is heavy however. The frame is heavier than most. With an aluminum guide rod and careful attention to grip panels is just squeaks by.

I might be enticed into letting the Baer go if any one has a serious interest...

That being said, is that the reason why why they're not made anymore? Too much to get them to run and too heavy?

They're not that hard to get to run, just not as simple as a .45.

If the feed ramp is cut correctly and one uses EGW's higher mag catch (not required in all cases) they run great.

I turned a Kimber .45 into a .40. It wasn't rocket surgery, and I'm not a rocket surgeon but this gun runs as well as my 9mm or .45. With any mag.

I'm sure if a shade tree "gunsmith" like me can do it, the people at Les Baer would have no problem. Not much market for them outside of USPSA though. I suspect that's why almost nobody besides STI makes them in any significant numbers.

Edited by robertg5322

diver60540, I sent you a PM a few days ago.