Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Portland, Oregon

ShootEm

If you have a basic service firearm (M&P 9/40, Glock 17, Beretta 92...) and 3 magazines, you can shoot. You aren't going to win first day out. So don't worry about having the best gear out there.

Once you shoot a couple matches, you can figure out what you really want. While a basic service pistol is a "Production" gun, shoot Limited for your first few matches. Limited has fewer rules and you can put more rounds in your magazines. It simplifies the event The Columbia-Cascade section has a required safety class before you shoot a match. Depending on your background, this might be waived.

I already have a holster, gun belt, and two mag pouches for IDPA. I'm shooting an IDPA classifier at Tri-County Gun Club next month, so maybe that will enough of a "credential" to get a waiver on the safety class.

your IDPA shooting will serve just fine for a safety class, the Safety rules are the same between the two sports, just let your squad know you are new to USPSA and they will let you go to the bottom of the order so you don't have to go first and you can see how others run the stage.

Mike

Don't come to Dundee. Too many people there already. Match directors are wonderful.

Ha, that was funny. They had 105 people Saturday. We finished around 2:30, argh, long day. Rained a bit, but mostly cloudy. Good stages and people. Placed 9th in Open Div. Not bad for me, being 3rd event.

Greetings from WA. I may see you at some matches. :)

Which club matches do you go to? PBRSC is closest to me - been thinking of checking that out at some point.

I don't shoot IDPA but we do have a lot of it up here.

You're welcome to come shoot up here any time though. Paul Bunyan is a great club, we do a very nice USPSA match if I do say so myself.

You have a lot of great clubs down in Oregon though. I'd love if Dundee was closer! :D

Which club matches do you go to? PBRSC is closest to me - been thinking of checking that out at some point.

You're welcome to come shoot up here any time though. Paul Bunyan is a great club, we do a very nice USPSA match if I do say so myself.

You have a lot of great clubs down in Oregon though. I'd love if Dundee was closer! :D

Yeah, I'll have to check out Dundee. I hadn't thought about branching out to USPSA, but may have to give it a whirl!

Yeah, I'll have to check out Dundee. I hadn't thought about branching out to USPSA, but may have to give it a whirl!

However, I'm definitely planning on attending the Washington State IDPA Match at Renton Fish & Game Club in August.

Hey Shoot Em! I'm also just getting started in USPSA at 51!

Cool! Good to know I'm not alone. In IDPA sanctioned matches, over 50 is actually placed in a "senior" category. Wish I'd gotten into it sooner! My reflexes, eyesight, and overall condition aren't what they used to be. In any event, I'm having fun doing it.

Hope to see you at an event some time!

• 2 months later...

That sounds good! What is "iron" division?

Crazy croc is an outlaw match so the divisions are whatever they say they are. Everybody that I know who's shot it says it's a hoot. I can't answer your question directly because I've never been able to go. but looking at registration it looks like irons is just that. Pretty much everything but dots or wheel guns.

Hopefully someone with more inside knowledge will weigh in, but that should get you started.

Irons is kind of like Limited and Irons 10 is kinda like Lim10/Production. But you can bring whatever gun you want as long as it has iron sights, and use whatever length mags you want, I'm pretty sure. Open is for guns with an optic.

How many mags (or rounds) should I be ready to shot for any given stage? I currently only have two mag pouches. I went through all 52 rounds on one stage last month and still didn't knock everything down!

How many mags (or rounds) should I be ready to shot for any given stage? I currently only have two mag pouches. I went through all 52 rounds on one stage last month and still didn't knock everything down!

The info I saw was 8 stages 400 rounds.

The crock info is correct so far.

Iron, is any gun with iron sights.

The stages are going to be about 40 to 60 rounds each but you will have some options to shoot less but more accurately if you want (targets need either 1 A or B hit OR 2 hits anywhere to not get a time penalty)

As for mag pouches you can make 2 plus pockets work, I have several extras I would be happy to loan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk