Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More 45 degree setback mount?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I was wondering if anyone made a C-More 45 degree setback mount for the slide rides? I just received a used 45 degree mount and it got me thinking if it was further offset to the rear it would move the weight back more into your hand. Just wondering if anyone has heard of such a monster? Thanks, Eric

Maybe it's time to crank up the Bridgeport Eric ;). I really like my 45* mount but I suppose it couldn't hurt to have the c-more further back like some other 90* setback mounts.

If you make some--make an extra. I'll take it! Heck--if you decide you don't like the one

you just got, let me know. Been looking for one to try for a while.

Sounds like a good idea. Might get in the way of a left side slide racker, and long

thumbed folks might have some issues. Looking at my gun with a Cheely setback

and visualizing the area above the thumb safety with the sight at 45°, things

get a bit tight.

Hello: I guess with the 90 degree mounts the 45 degree mount has fallen out of flavour. I just thought it would be better to move the C-More back some for those with shorty guns and being closer to the pivot point. I will play around with the 45 degree mount I just got to see what can be done. C-More adjustment screws will be an issue unless they are flipped to the other side. Racker placement may come into the picture as well. Mike you may be right I may have to make one up. Thanks, Eric

I guess it depends on how you get your grip on the draw but for me, the cmore will get in the way if you move it further back.

I don't have a particularly long thumb but I had to shave down the bottom right corner of the cmore case so my thumb would clear it on the draw. If you have short thumbs, that shouldn't be an issue, though.

Edited by al503

I'm totally uninformed about 45* mounts. What do they offer over the 90? Seems like they would be hard to zero.

Whether or not the 90 degree mounts obstruct some of your view or not, the body of the 45 sits much lower so your view is less obstructed. It also lowers the CG a little as the bulk of the cmore (and the mount) sits much closer to the bore and your hands.

The disadvantage is zeroing. Once you figure out/visualize the adjustments, its not that bad. Also, some of the earlier barry mounts didn't have access for allen wrenches to make the adjustments so you had to remove the slide every time. The later versions had a hole so you could get to them.

AFAIK, Barry stopped producing the mounts. A couple of buds and I got the last few he had a while back.

Hello: I have not mounted one yet on a pistol. The racker may be an issue but it could be moved further back also. An advantage may be lighter weight and lower center of gravity. The big disadvantage will be sighting it in but after initial setup it should not need much adjustment or any. Going to play with this after Area 6. Thanks, Eric