Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Blue Primer Tip Part # and Maybe brass tip?

Does anyone know the part # for the blue tip that goes on the small primer tube in the 1050? I have searched the internet over and Dillon's site and can't find a part number. I need to order a few things and just wanted to stock up a few. Also, has anyone here recently used the brass tip from the 650? Part #? I have had all kinds of priming issues and was thinking of trying the brass tip as well.

Thanks!

Hey, if you need some of the blue tips, I switched over to the brass tip insert, just pm me a shipping address and I'll mail them to you.

PM Sent. So how is the brass tip working for you? A friend was having an issue with his 1050 today and was talking with them on the phone. I sent him a text to ask about the brass tip knowing their response. They indeed did recommend it. But I'm curious how well it is working for you. I seemed to have had trouble since day 1 with my 1050 and priming. I have considered the new slide, but at $80 that seems steep.

I had a TON of priming issues while running the first few thousand through my new 1050 last year. I finally completely dismantled and thoroughly cleaned the priming system (it had a ton of shipping oil in everything) replaced the blue tip and it smoothed out significantly. Still not as reliable as my 650. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by seadog_99

I had about 90 small pistol go off the 3 week I had mine! WOW was that a Bang! They were federal....I have since switched to Winchester.....

What's the general consensus on small pistol primers? Winchester? CCI?

I do switch out the blue plastic feeder often. I have found keeping the priming system clean and switching the blue feeder out have really helped.

Thanks, Matt

Perfectly, I tried to go back to the blue tip, but that caused more problems, so back to the brass insert. I did have to polish the crap out of the slide channel, and I found that the actuating arm was sticking when it slide, once I cleaned that out, primer issues went away.

Hey, if you need some of the blue tips, I switched over to the brass tip insert, just pm me a shipping address and I'll mail them to you.

PM Sent. So how is the brass tip working for you? A friend was having an issue with his 1050 today and was talking with them on the phone. I sent him a text to ask about the brass tip knowing their response. They indeed did recommend it. But I'm curious how well it is working for you. I seemed to have had trouble since day 1 with my 1050 and priming. I have considered the new slide, but at $80 that seems steep.

Perfectly, I tried to go back to the blue tip, but that caused more problems, so back to the brass insert. I did have to polish the crap out of the slide channel, and I found that the actuating arm was sticking when it slide, once I cleaned that out, primer issues went away.

Glad to hear there is success with the brass tip. I may also do some polishing of the channel as well.

For reference, do you have the part # for the brass tip as well? After I work through the blue tips I may not have a choice but to try the brass tip.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

22012 on the Dillon website. If I can get some pictures this weekend of what I had to do, I'll post them here. Have at least one blue tip, I'll see if I can find anymore and send them your way.

I too have been having tons of problems with primers being smashed or going in sideways. It is especially bad when loading 40. I have read every thread there is on the subject and have been trying to fix it for years to no avail. Has anybody ever figured out where exactly the problem occurs? Is it when the primer goes into the slide or when it goes into the case?

Considering there are so many aftermarket parts out there for the 1050, that nobody has come up with a solution for the primer problem is beyond me. If I were making aftermarket stuff that is where I would start because that is the only real problem this machine has... if you ask me.

• 4 weeks later...

New slide isn't necessarily worth it, just get a length of rubber tubing and cut to fit as it wears out.

The primer slide has changed. It no longer uses the rubber tubing. My machine works much better now.

Been using the 650 primer tube for the last few years, I'll never go back to the blue tip.

Loaded 2k rounds today. Had a few with no primer and 2 with the primer in sideways. I need to clean my machine. Been too lazy. Lol

Go to a good hobby/model/rc store and they will have brass tubing down to the size you can cut a piece to put on your primer slide yourself. I got sick and tired of replacing that rubber bushing every week. I bought a length of silicone tubing and used that and it seemed to last longer and was much cheaper. But it still would tear and need replacing every couple or three weeks.

Lately if I have a primer issue it is more likely I blame the brass than the machine.

I've had best results with no bushing at all on the slide(what is it supposed to accomplish?). It was accidental actually. I just happened to notice one day it was off ,and the primer system had been working very well and continues to. I use federal primers only and an auto loader .