Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 upgrades?

I moved up to a 650 from a 550 and need to know any upgrades that I need to do? I have the case feeder, bullet tray, roller handle, and strong mount. what else do you recommend for the 650 besides the bullet feeder, that will come later.

Put your seat belt on, cause your going to get a lot of suggestions.

1. Roller bearing kit and plastic detent ball.

2. Swap out the roller handle for the Inline Ergo roller handle. I finally took this step and wished I had done it a year ago.

3. LED light kit. This is one you'll never regret.

4. Spent primer attachment, several choices from making your own to purchasing overpriced plastic printed version.

Search the forum for this same question.

Let the fun begin.

Edited by Jimk60

I agree with Jimk60, especially on the spent primer attachment. Mine has a hose that goes to a 2 liter bottle. Then I take it to the scrap yard and get paid for something I was going to throw away anyway. I think it also helps prevent any of the powder dust/soot from getting airborne so you don't inhale it. But I would also look at changing a part called the ski jump. There is a replacement that catched the excess good primers in a small plastic bottle. The ski jump is also kind of fragile too. I also put a towel, doubled up, across the top of my case feeder. Cuts down on the noise.

Edited by Rob5r

I second the live primer catch. The ski jump bothered me way worse than the stock spent primer catch tray.

A small piece of plastic tubing takes care of that issue. I used a piece of a plastic IC carrier, the one, in which large processor chips come. It fits snugly over the jump, and is good for maybe 12-15 primers.

Put your seat belt on, cause your going to get a lot of suggestions.

1. Roller bearing kit and plastic detent ball.

2. Swap out the roller handle for the Inline Ergo roller handle. I finally took this step and wished I had done it a year ago.

3. LED light kit. This is one you'll never regret.

4. Spent primer attachment, several choices from making your own to purchasing overpriced plastic printed version.

Search the forum for this same question.

Let the fun begin.

+1 on the Inline Fab Ergo handle IF your press is mounted too low to stand fully upright at the bottom of the stroke.

+1 on the spent primer attachment IF you don't want spent primers all over your floor, house, car, etc. They would get stuck in my shoes and I had them everywhere before I got the attachment.

My advice? Go without the strong mount and bullet tray unless you really need it to get the press at the right height for you.

Put the $100 you saved on those two things towards a mr bullet feeder which is a really nice upgrade. :)

The other suggestions are good too. Led kit is great. Bearing kit and low mass detent ball are worth doing too.

Buy the dillon spare parts kit too.

My advice? Go without the strong mount and bullet tray unless you really need it to get the press at the right height for you.

Put the $100 you saved on those two things towards a mr bullet feeder which is a really nice upgrade. :)

The other suggestions are good too. Led kit is great. Bearing kit and low mass detent ball are worth doing too.

Buy the dillon spare parts kit too.

I already had the bullet tray and strong mount from my 550 so going to use it.

I did a spent primer mod

Added SnowHoose complete kit, no powder spills and I load almost 1000k a hour of 9mm

LED light kit

I 've heard of fast production on a650, but that is light speed. That's like 300 rounds a second!
300 per second is 1080000(Sober Math)

I said almost, which did not include lubing brass, or filling primer tubes, my actual record is 960 rounds in 60 minutes, after that I was spent, now a days it's more like 600 per hour

Edited by 427Cobra

I did a spent primer mod

Added SnowHoose complete kit, no powder spills and I load almost 1000k a hour of 9mm

LED light kit

I 've heard of fast production on a650, but that is light speed. That's like 300 rounds a second!

:roflol:

I did a spent primer mod

LED light kit

300 per second is 12000 per hour

300/second is 18000/Minute, 108000/hour

If you are going to keep using this forum for info, you also need;

A sense of humor (for you Canucks's that's humour)

Patience

Tolerance

Determine who gives the best advice with the fewest words. (Sarge)

Determine who gives OK advice with an excess of words, while overwhelming you with excessive verbiage that could be said in fewer words while giving the same information.. (Me)