4 Steel Challenge Classification implementation update-President

5 PCC for Steel Challenge update-President

6 PCC for USPSA, continued discussion-All with input from membership and update

7 2016 Budget-President and CFO

8 Strategic Planning, more blocking and tackling-President

9 National Championship Drone Policy Statement Review-President

10 USPSA Apps, third parties, branding, licensing, data requirements

11 Match signups with expired memberships and other designations-Area 6

I think a good bit of it is going to be status updates on the various projects such as peak stage time adjustments needed after reviewing the past two years of times from WSSC, draft peak stage times for CO, etc. Not that I had any input on any of that stuff :).

I think a good bit of it is going to be status updates on the various projects such as peak stage time adjustments needed after reviewing the past two years of times from WSSC, draft peak stage times for CO, etc. Not that I had any input on any of that stuff :).

Hoping for some classication movement for rimfire, rifle in particular. Maybe since it's on my daughter's birthday I'll get her to wish for it on her candles for me?

Hoping for some classication movement for rimfire, rifle in particular. Maybe since it's on my daughter's birthday I'll get her to wish for it on her candles for me?

Same here. I spent most of last year shooting RFRO so they would have plenty of data to use for determining PST's for each stage. Hopefully the BoD will make your daughter's birthday extra special this year :).

Same here. I spent most of last year shooting RFRO so they would have plenty of data to use for determining PST's for each stage. Hopefully the BoD will make your daughter's birthday extra special this year :).
I love shooting RFRO and with ongoing elbow issues that looks like it will be my primary game for awhile. Would love it if it was "more real" vs the current situation.

What do you mean by "real"? It's Steel Challenge which means movement on only 1 stage. It was designed to improve your skills for USPSA/IPSC although it has a life of its own. The design is to give shooters everywhere a chance to see how they stack up against the best so you know you are improving or not.There are several places in the US that have run and gun tactical rimfire matches although there are none in my area if that is what you are looking for..

I love shooting RFRO and with ongoing elbow issues that looks like it will be my primary game for awhile. Would love it if it was "more real" vs the current situation.

Are you a USPSA member? If so you can go to Jake's site: https://azshooters.org/scsa_shooterand enter your USPSA number and you can see what your classification would be based on our current method and under the proposed method.

Any idea on where it is being held?

since the MG nationals are around then, i assume vegas.

Could be a phone in meeting as well.

I thought that the BoD meetings were suppose to be announced in advance so membership had the opportunity to attend. no ?

I thought that the BoD meetings were suppose to be announced in advance so membership had the opportunity to attend. no ?

I think that applies only to the in-person meetings but I don't know for certain.

Are you a USPSA member? If so you can go to Jake's site: https://azshooters.org/scsa_shooterand enter your USPSA number and you can see what your classification would be based on our current method and under the proposed method.

Would love to but my club is only provisional so not reporting. My other steel club is in a different series.

OK I can understand your definition of real. Yeah if they ever get around to it. Right now my times for centerfire are smack in the middle of B class. My RFPO scores are about 40s less and my RFRO times are about 50s less. Hopefully when they finally decide on a scale that would put me in at least A class in rimfire.

The minutes from the meeting are up. The two items of interest to us are:

Steel Challenge Classification implementation update-President-brief review of where the tech team is on this task. During the tech conference in March, it was discovered that the benchmark data provided previously was inaccurate, the team was instructed to use data from the past few WSSC events, a member of the Steel Challenge Committee provided more recent data as well. A member of the tech team will be providing another update to the President on April 22.

I know there's not much in the details but I'm the "member of the Steel Challenge Committee" that provided input on this. We've found the PSTs proposed in the first proposal are high as shooters like Max are shooting times after than the first proposed times. HQ is looking at the data provided and will most likely make adjustments to PST's. I haven't seen any draft PST's for rimfire yet.

PCC for Steel Challenge update-President-brief update-DLL files for EZ Steel for PCCO, PCCI, and CO have been sent to a member of the Steel Challenge committee for testing, a representative from Practiscore has been informed of our priorities for this division in Steel Challenge, a member of our tech team is writing code for division names fix on PHP tables and other code necessary for the change.

I completed testing with EzSteel today and uploaded three separate PCC matches to the steel challenge web site and the upload worked as expected. This weekend I'm planing to incorporate PCC into our primary match and then generate the results using a Beta version of PractiScore. I think it's pretty clear that Steel Challenge is getting the much needed attention it deserves from the BoD. I don't have any news on an updated rulebook but I will have an opportunity to discuss this, and other topics, with Troy next week at the Area 6 match.