Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 emi issues?

Heard of EMI interference. There is now a filter for the case feeder, what about the MBF motor? Does the Mark7 require a different (stand alone) electric circuit to minimize EMI. Would be interested in current owners set up before I order one.

Also not considering the price difference, compare to the Ammobot.

Thanks....

I installed the EMI filter on the case feeder as a final measure. Prior to that I mostly separated power sources with power strips and put ferrite beads from Amazon on the cables.

After the EMI filter, no more problems. Wasn't all that big a deal when it did happen, not like you wouldn't be able to load - IF you were even affected by it.

I have everything plugged into one power strip. Including the RT1500 and I don't have EMI issues. I do have the magnet thing on the cord for something, I don't remember what and I have the filter on the Mr. BF. I have the optical sensor and I wouldn't want to load without it but I load only 9mm and .223 both have crimped primers that are prone to being pulled back in.

It is very handy when decapping 9mm and 223 for me.

If the primer wasn't detected it can mean that the primer was sucked back in to the primer pocket and is on it's way to being swaged deep into the primer pocket and perhaps even re-primed (!!!).

Less obviously, it can mean that there wasn't a primer to be decapped. Why is this? I thought about it and this might be an indication of a loose primer pocket - I see it in 223 and 9mm, but have never had a problem with primers falling out of 9mm cases. Maybe a case from a 9Major load? Who knows, they seem to work just fine for now but in the future I might scrap those cases.

Currently I am pre-processing BOTH 223 and 9mm brass. Once preprocessed all the brass is decapped so I just turn off the optical primer sensor for the loading session.

Caveat: I are not an electrical engineer.

I bought an assorted pack from amazon and put an appropriately sized on every cable I could find. I think it was this one: http://www.amazon.com/AUCH-20Pcs-Ferrite-Suppressor-Diameter/dp/B016XE2BS0/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459201370&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=freeite+bead

In hind sight I think much larger ferrite beads that take multiple loops specifically targeted at things like the case feeder cable or perhaps the power strip and tablet cables would be a better plan. Then again the case feeder is close to the tablet and perhaps the beads helped or perhaps they did absolutely nothing. Hard to say, I didn't do precise testing and was making a lot of changes.

The Mark 7 EMI filter installed in the case feeder addressed my issue, but I left everything else in place (ferrite beads, multiple power strips/sources)..

Edited by Beastly

Some people (like me) experienced intermittent Android tablet resets that appear to correlate back to the Dillon case feeder.

The workaround was to simply select "Reloader", "Accept" and "Run". Not a big deal, it didn't really slow me down much.

Installing the Mark-7 supplied EMI filter (an easy 3-wire operation) inside the case feeder solved the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the EMI filter installed in case feeder and will still get a very occasional reset. I use this machine for case prep and probably run about 5K/week so it gets a decent workout. I may try the ferrite filters for the heck of it.

Keep in mind when this does happen you have to recalibrate the machine which means removing in-process cases.

Not a huge deal for me and overall the Mark 7 has been running great.

Those of you who are running the Mark 7 on a 1050 for 223 brass prep, what dies are you using?

I was planning on running a universal decapping die, then the dillon trimmer trim/size die, and the a regular sizing die for expanding the case mouth. For heavy brass prep what are you using and what would you recommend?

I also plan to use this setup for 308, and 300 blackout as well.

Basically what you said.

I use an M-die for expanding the case mouth, especially for flat base bullets.

For modest quantities of 300 Blackout I have the older RT1200 and have used the GSI 2-pass size/trim dies successfully.

• 3 weeks later...

Some people (like me) experienced intermittent Android tablet resets that appear to correlate back to the Dillon case feeder.

The workaround was to simply select "Reloader", "Accept" and "Run". Not a big deal, it didn't really slow me down much.

Installing the Mark-7 supplied EMI filter (an easy 3-wire operation) inside the case feeder solved the problem for me.

Maybe i'm missing something, but when i get the EMI reboot, i'm forced to clear all the stations, hit Calibrate, and the start over. Big PINTB.

It happened to me today for the first time. It sucked! Will install the EMI filter in the morning.

Did yours come with one?

I have had it happen once, not sure if it was the case feeder or the trimmer motor that caused it.