Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why the sudden influx of Stock 2/3's?

EDA

Watching the classifieds forum, why is there such a recent influx of Stock 2's? Seems unusually high - is there something causing this?

I don't shoot production, but am thinking about it just to jump on one of the many Stock 2's for sale!

Seems like the same with Stock 3's, though not as high in number.

No longer unicorns?

Edited by EDA

I noticed that also. There were several CZ SP01s and Shadows for sale as well the past few weeks. In some cases the guns were relatively new. Perhaps expectations were too high or modifications/maintenance were excessive? I bought a CZ SP01 and put some CGW springs, pins, etc. on myself. I've always enjoyed 1911s and the CZ feels similar to a 1911. The Tanfoglios seem to require more tweaking than the CZs. I've held one, but have not had a chance to shoot one. Really did not get the urge to buy one. I think many of us probably just like to buy and try different guns and some people just sell them when the initial honeymoon is over and life with the new love turns into struggle.

Just my theory.

CZ's - 'Cause the shadow 2 has been released and everyone is unloading in anticipation of having to pay a little more that market value when they actually hit the market.

Tanfo's - 'Cause most folks aren't that familiar with tuning them to get as good or better than a CZ. The posts and videos that have been going up in the Tanfo section seem to be jus the right catalyst for people to dive in. Also, there were limited aftermarket parts.

And I don't care what anyone says, CZ copied the Stock 3 for the Shadow 2.

Just my theory.

CZ's - 'Cause the shadow 2 has been released and everyone is unloading in anticipation of having to pay a little more that market value when they actually hit the market.

Tanfo's - 'Cause most folks aren't that familiar with tuning them to get as good or better than a CZ. The posts and videos that have been going up in the Tanfo section seem to be jus the right catalyst for people to dive in. Also, there were limited aftermarket parts.

And I don't care what anyone says, CZ copied the Stock 3 for the Shadow 2.

^^^^+1

What TJART said above and the exponential growth that comes from the "I just shot my buddy's Tanfo and it was awesome! I'm gonna get one!" People are reluctant to shoot something that can't pick up and try in a gunshop. The more that people see and handle will keep raising the number in use.

This is funny. I was thinking the same thing. I've been VERRRRRRY tempted by a couple of the listings recently.. Thankfully a couple trade offers I've made have not been accepted. I went to CZ last year and love them, however, being a gun nut who's always looking I have had my eyes on a stock 2/3 for a while. Hopefully I've convinced myself to leave all that alone for a while and just get better with my CZs... But time will tell. One things for sure all the listings on classifieds are NOT helping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for the few that paid twice what they are currently going for!

But after getting them tuned in and lightened.... I do not see how a person can let one go.

Edited by johnbu

This is funny. I was thinking the same thing. I've been VERRRRRRY tempted by a couple of the listings recently.. Thankfully a couple trade offers I've made have not been accepted. I went to CZ last year and love them, however, being a gun nut who's always looking I have had my eyes on a stock 2/3 for a while. Hopefully I've convinced myself to leave all that alone for a while and just get better with my CZs... But time will tell. One things for sure all the listings on classifieds are NOT helping!

I just picked up my second one from a very recent classified listing. When tuned up right, they are sublime, flat shooting guns. My friends Shadow has a slightly better trigger, but my Stock 2 runs faster and flatter.

I just picked up my second one from a very recent classified listing. When tuned up right, they are sublime, flat shooting guns. My friends Shadow has a slightly better trigger, but my Stock 2 runs faster and flatter.

You are not helping...

You are not helping...

As a very good friend of mine said, "...the shooting sports are like sharing needles, the infection spreads and everyone gets high."

I recently had a sp01 listed here, I initially bought it and liked it, but then several months later ended up with a stock II. After having both I settled on the stock II. After the shadow sat in my safe for about 9 months I decided to let someone else give it a go, But was a great gun and I'm glad I got to play with both.

We all "logically" know it is "the Indian not the arrow." A recent analysis of Production Nationals reinforced that aphorism. However, we "emotionally" want to believe that we will improve or gain a slight advantage by using a gun that "top shooter (insert name here)" uses. By analogy, if we were buying swords instead of guns, we want to believe that the desired sword has "magical" properties when it does not. When we discover that the magical properties (the "hype" spell) do not exist we return to our logical senses for awhile until the next "shiny" hits the scene. So, . . . excuse me . . . I'll be back later to finish my thoughts . . . just saw the Shadow 2 . . . wow . . . amazing . . . can't wait . . .