Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My stock 2 trigger job,DA 5lb,SA<2lb

taco2000

48 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

I'm a newbie around here, but I've already figured out that if PD says it, it's the next thing to biblical.

Haha..... we don't have a problem with them at all, we've just had people call after BOLO install saying there is still some slop in the trigger. Surprise surprise they all had Canik trigger pins in there Guns. Heck we have a few prototypes of our own floating around here, just seems to be some variation in hole size to come out with a pin that's .001+/- in tolerance. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeff O I would disagree with that assertion.

@PatriotDefense is trying to keep excessively perfectionist cumstomers happy. He has to keep his advice tailored to that, whereas I do not.

I'll try to explain what's up...

For the record, there's some slop in the trigger with the factory pin, Bolo, and Titan. Not much, but what "pretravel" is left all shows up in the fit of the two trigger pins allowing the trigger to rock on them slightly. The Canik pin does double that play, though there still is very little by my way of thinking:

Frankly I'd be surprised people even think to bring it up to PatriotDefense as a possible problem, if I didn't know a lot of gun guys who self-gunsmith.

"Anal" is an understatement.

Its all in your mindset. Sitting at a bench hunched over a Tanfo frame for hours, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that you won't shoot the gun any better with 1/64" of wiggle, versus the 1/16" or so that I have.

My trigger is better than Ben Stoeger's. I've checked out his gun in person, so I can promise you that's a fact. But I can't out shoot him, because he's probably done twenty hours of dryfire for each hour I spent polishing and tinkering in December alone.

If the PD heavy firing pin gets me to 100% DA with my sometimes poorly seated CCIs, I'll be done playing, and gearing up to practice enough to make M class with it in 2017!

Watch my video and look at where I first cock the hammer and wiggle the trigger. That's what we are referring to. It's a molehill. Not a mountain.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

16 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The wiggle doesn't bother me.

The benefit is only in ease of disassembly. It pushes right out of the gun with the heel of your palm behind a punch.

Aside from tapping the roll pin out of the right side of the ambi safety, you don't need to drive any pins out of the gun in order to detail strip it for cleaning.

I'm a newbie around here, but I've already figured out that if PD says it, it's the 

2 hours ago, Jeff O said:

I'm a newbie around here, but I've already figured out that if PD says it, it's the next thing to biblical.

Plus, Joe has Lim Pro #2 in his shop right now - I'm no dummie ! ? Plus, I will be the first and only IDPA shooter in my IDPA Area to shoot a Tanfo !

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

My trigger is better than Ben Stoeger's. I've checked out his gun in person, so I can promise you that's a fact. But I can't out shoot him, because he's probably done twenty hours of dryfire for each hour I spent polishing and tinkering in December alone.

You must work slow. He does a lot of dry firing! 

And i can verify that his guns are good, solid, reliable shooters, but pretty "vanilla" triggers. 6.5 da / 3ish sa. But very smooth from a bazillion dry firings and a 10th bazillion live fires. He's  very open to allowing people in his class fondle his guns and freely talks about them being only average.  Yeah, it's the shooter more than the gun. A lot more!

But for knucklehead losers like me, a fantastic trigger helps make me a better shooter. And i need all the help i can get!

28 minutes ago, johnbu said:

But for knucklehead losers like me, a fantastic trigger helps make me a better shooter. And i need all the help i can get!

Was just saying that I've shot or dryfired the guns of Bob Vogel, Dave Sevigny, and Stoeger. They all have average (or downright bad, in Sevigny's Glock) triggers and they practice more than anyone.

Hmm. If we wanna get better that means it's probably a good idea to put the dremel down.

But I get it! Playing with triggers and springs is more enjoyable than dryfiring to me, too.

Edited by MemphisMechanic