Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My stock 2 trigger job,DA 5lb,SA<2lb

taco2000

ff59f70e0fe82b3f98c28327ee66b06c.jpg542acd1093b6243ab4ffa2d629a01e9d.jpg

I have been lurking on this forum since I got my stock 2 two month ago. This is always the place I go when I don't understand something. Many thanks to people like TJART, praetorian97 etc. I can't make this happen without your great instructional posts.

Here is the list of things that I have done to my stock 2:

Factory TRS (tried cgw one, gives me heavier pull)

CGW Canick trigger pin

1 piece sear

cz sear spring

Titan hammer (polished )

T3 disco (fitted, thanks TJART for the great video)

factory FPB - might try to replace this with extended FPB in the future.

Henning FP with wolf FP spring

8lb wolf recoil spring

extreme light hammer spring

extreme trigger (polished)

Factory trigger bar (polished )

I use click pen spring to replace the plunger spring

zero issue with Federal primer. going to try wsf tomorrow.

Edited by taco2000

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Hopefully others will see its possible to get a Tanfo trigger the same, or better than a Shadow trigger.

Also, please explain how you modified the T3. Sometimes hearing it from someone else, in different words, is easier for others to understand. We're you able to take the "stack" out?

I like to thank the Forum Members too....... my Brand New Stock 2 went from a heaaaaavy trigger to a sweet machine

Im using the 14# Hammer Spring and it is below the 7# DA - 2.5# SA range with a 1/8th of an inch SA pretravel

Pics to come

Mj

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Hopefully others will see its possible to get a Tanfo trigger the same, or better than a Shadow trigger.

Also, please explain how you modified the T3. Sometimes hearing it from someone else, in different words, is easier for others to understand. We're you able to take the "stack" out?

Please see attached photo. the highlighted area is the place that I took some metal off, DA becomes noticeably less stack, reset got shortened as well.

post-57149-0-45600000-1458722223_thumb.j

Don't forget, you can work this angle (in pink) for considerably less DA stack. It should be done before hitting the forward part of the T3 that deals with SA pre travel. Good work, though, and I'm glad to see people are starting to fit the T3 on their own. Love posts like these!!

2016-03-23%2009.26.11_zps4fhk5pao.jpg

Don't forget, you can work this angle (in pink) for considerably less DA stack. It should be done before hitting the forward part of the T3 that deals with SA pre travel. Good work, though, and I'm glad to see people are starting to fit the T3 on their own. Love posts like these!!

TJART, great point, the first T3 i have "destroyed" is where I took too much part of the pink area and my SA pre-travel becomes longer. I think the i took too much meat off from the red area(pic below) , because this is the place that hooks the trigger bar and determines the pretravel, so i believe to keep minimum pre travel, we have to untouch that area, but I could be wrong.

I really wanna see your result on your stock 2 before I do any more experiment. I only have 1 spare t3 left :roflol:

post-57149-0-71248200-1458784607_thumb.j

Edited by taco2000

TJART, great point, the first T3 i have "destroyed" is where I took too much part of the pink area and my SA pre-travel becomes longer. I think the i took too much meat off from the red area(pic below) , because this is the place that hooks the trigger bar and determines the pretravel, so i believe to keep minimum pre travel, we have to untouch that area, but I could be wrong.

I really wanna see your result on your stock 2 before I do any experiment. I only have 1 spare t3 left :roflol:

Just bring it over to my house. I have some extras. Lol. Just tell Norman to bring some refreshments. Haha!! We'll get it dialed in.

I really wanna see your result on your stock 2 before I do any experiment. I only have 1 spare t3 left :roflol:

Just bring it over to my house. I have some extras. Lol. Just tell Norman to bring some refreshments. Haha!! We'll get it dialed in.

No worries, see you next week, haha

Echoing the op's comments....my second Stock 2, but decided to try fitting the T3 disco. A few light touches with the diamond bit as per the videos and works perfectly!

My trigger is at 6.5/2.5# and very happy with that.

Thanks to all the great info you all have made available in this forum!

Upgrades to my Stock 2:

Extreme DA/SA trigger

Canik trigger pin

stock TRS

Henning 18# trigger plunger spring

Titan hammer

Xtreme light hammer pin

T3 disco

One piece sear

CZ sear spring

one coil off the mag release spring

Wolf 8# recoil spring

Xtreme light FP spring

Henning Gen 4 FP

Extended FPB (required for proper function with henning FP)

Dawson front sight, .120 tall

polish, polish, polish

Echoing the op's comments....my second Stock 2, but decided to try fitting the T3 disco. A few light touches with the diamond bit as per the videos and works perfectly!

My trigger is at 6.5/2.5# and very happy with that.

Thanks to all the great info you all have made available in this forum!

Upgrades to my Stock 2:

Extreme DA/SA trigger

Canik trigger pin

stock TRS

Henning 18# trigger plunger spring

Titan hammer

Xtreme light hammer pin

T3 disco

One piece sear

CZ sear spring

one coil off the mag release spring

Wolf 8# recoil spring

Xtreme light FP spring

Henning Gen 4 FP

Extended FPB (required for proper function with henning FP)

Dawson front sight, .120 tall

polish, polish, polish

I have ordered the extended FPB, you mean you need special fitting for henning FP, correct?

What is the benefit of the canik trigger pin? Just makes it easier pull the trigger out or...?

Your trigger pull won't be smooth with the factory trigger pin because it's just a cheap roll pin, worth the investment. ;)

I have ordered the extended FPB, you mean you need special fitting for henning FP, correct?

Correct. It is slightly taller and enables full function of the FPB with henning FP. You can check by depressing the FP with a punch. If the pin is blocked from depressing and the pencil test is positive, then you are gtg. If the pin depresses, then you need the extended FPB. Some require fitting, mine (on both pistols) worked with just polishing.

I haven't noticed any improvement in trigger smoothness with the floating trigger pin, but its certainly possible that it reduces friction by a bit. For me, main benefit is easy removal/installation.

Edited by rchaas

Taco, I have an extra extended firing pin block. We can put it in your gun when we do the disco when you get down here, and you can just give me the one your ordered, when in comes in. If you want, of course.

Edited by TJART

Taco, I have an extra extended firing pin block. We can put it in your gun when we do the disco when you get down here, and you can just give me the one your ordered, when in comes in. If you want, of course.

Awesome! thanks a lot :)

No worries. I try to keep an extra one of everything, in stock. Lol

20160323_155018_zps91op7svi.jpg

No worries. I try to keep an extra one of everything, in stock. Lol

20160323_155018_zps91op7svi.jpg

Same here, I have most extreme parts in spare, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk