Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My stock 2 trigger job,DA 5lb,SA<2lb

taco2000

Taco, I have an extra extended firing pin block. We can put it in your gun when we do the disco when you get down here, and you can just give me the one your ordered, when in comes in. If you want, of course.

Hey TJART can you mic your extended FPB?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taco, I have an extra extended firing pin block. We can put it in your gun when we do the disco when you get down here, and you can just give me the one your ordered, when in comes in. If you want, of course.

Stand by...

20160324_223016_zpsxivnzfpr.jpg

20160324_223045_zpsckrtemcb.jpg

Edited by TJART

Stand by...

20160324_223016_zpsxivnzfpr.jpg

20160324_223045_zpsckrtemcb.jpg

Ok thanks. I measured my extended FPB and came up with 0.508" also. However with hammer back I can still push firing pin in?

Those are good numbers but that pen spring will let you down eventually.

I never expect any spring will run reliably over the long term. Let's see how far it can go :)

Edited by taco2000

Anybody know how much the Xtreme Plunger Spring weights ?

Mj

No, but... I've talked with Patriot about sourcing lower and quantifiable hammer spring for tanfos. Maybe once that's figured out, we can begin to see what other springs can be addressed.

Hopefully no more clipping springs off "light" and "medium" springs.

Anybody know how much the Xtreme Plunger Spring weights ?

Mj

No, but... I've talked with Patriot about sourcing lower and quantifiable hammer spring for tanfos. Maybe once that's figured out, we can begin to see what other springs can be addressed.

Hopefully no more clipping springs off "light" and "medium" springs.

Great to hear !

Just order the Cajun CZ FPS for the plunger. Works great and is not junk like a bic pen spring.

Henning also sells reduced power "feather weight" plunger springs. I got it and tried. DA/SA pull weights do not change between the BIC pen spring and the Henning ones. I think they are more expensive but peace of mind alternative.

I have used the BIC pen spring (the Atlantis version of their pen) for 2000+ live rounds plus at least 3 times of that number in dry fire with no problem. It should run more. I guess they are cheap enough to replace every time you do a detailed strip and cleaning.

Edited by MilkMyDuds

I ran a generic clicky pen spring for 10-15K rounds, worked just fine.

Eventually went to a light Henning spring hoping for improved reset without much change in trigger pull weight. I didn't weight it before and after but it was sort of a non-event.

I briefly ran a pen spring. It worked, but the mushy indistinct reset just didn't feel right. Switched to the stock spring, then cut a coil, then cut a second coil. I doubt the pen spring will break, I've NEVER had one break in a pen and I'm a nervous clicker!

On my S2, it has

Titan, EG fp, fpb,sear.

2 cut coils on a 14# wolff hammer spring

Wolff fp return spring cut to have 8 - 9 coils (relaxed) past the fp tip

Cz sear spring

Cgw rp trigger spring and T3 disco.

EVERYTHING polished several times. Then polished some more.

DA is just at or a little over 6# and SA is just UNDER 2#. I use the old old school method of hanging weights from the trigger, so there is some subjectivity.

Running S&B primers it's been 100%, if I seat the primers correctly. I'm assuming that running Federal match primers the spring could be reduced more, but I don't have any! And 6 / 2 is more than good enough for my poor skill set. FYI - WOLF primers run about 50% In SA. Changing to 22# hammer spring and matched fp return spring the wolf primers are only 85-90% DA and 97% SA and the ones that don't fire....never fire even wth a dozen strikes. So.... don't buy them... even if they look like a deal... they aren't!

Edited by johnbu

I have used the BIC pen spring (the Atlantis version of their pen) for 2000+ live rounds plus at least 3 times of that number in dry fire with no problem. It should run more. I guess they are cheap enough to replace every time you do a detailed strip and cleaning.

Mine lasted like 2 weeks before I had dead trigger and issues resetting during a match. I guess not all pen springs are created equal.

Mine lasted like 2 weeks before I had dead trigger and issues resetting during a match. I guess not all pen springs are created equal.

Exactly, there must be thousands of different clicky pen springs out there, you never know what you are getting. I prefer to keep gun springs in my guns. I am running the CGW RP FPS for my plunger spring in my Stock II, but I am really curious to know what the weight rating would be of that spring compared to say the 18 lb Henning plunger spring... Anyone have both? Could you measure free length, coil diameter, ID, OD, and number of coils?

Edit: That is unless we start specifying which clicky pen springs are being used and found to be the most reliable. Example: The Zebra Z-Grip clicky pen has a mighty nice looking spring in it! LOL

Edited by EngineerEli

Stand by...

Ok thanks. I measured my extended FPB and came up with 0.508" also. However with hammer back I can still push firing pin in?

Which FP are you using. If it is the Henning gen 4 you will probably have to switch to the gen 3 or the Xtreme FP. The fluting on the gen 4 pin, removes some of the contact surface for the FPB, and the FP will not be blocked in 'most' cases.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

According to PD you will get trigger wiggle w Canik pin. Trade-offs.....

The wiggle doesn't bother me.

The benefit is only in ease of disassembly. It pushes right out of the gun with the heel of your palm behind a punch.

Aside from tapping the roll pin out of the right side of the ambi safety, you don't need to drive any pins out of the gun in order to detail strip it for cleaning.

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The wiggle doesn't bother me.

The benefit is only in ease of disassembly. It pushes right out of the gun with the heel of your palm behind a punch.

Aside from tapping the roll pin out of the right side of the ambi safety, you don't need to drive any pins out of the gun in order to detail strip it for cleaning.

I'm a newbie around here, but I've already figured out that if PD says it, it's the next thing to biblical.