Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Fixed sites w/Pictures

Hallz

I have searched but have not found much on this.

What "fixed" sites are you using, how do you like them and can you post side and rear view of the sites?

The sites I am looking at are the CZC Comp, CZC Tactical, CGW & Dawsons. Possibly the CZC Comp rear with Dawson Front.

Thoughts and pic's would be great.

Thanks

I got mine in Germany from a shooter there. I have asked if he has made arrangements to sell them in the US and will let you guys know. I love mine no more worrying about what ammo I'm shooting when I travel.

I just had CZC replace the issue target rear sight on my CZ75 SP01 Shadow Custom with one of their HTAC rear sights and a new 5.5mm high fiber optic front sight with a 1.5mm diameter fiber rod to match the rear. While they had the pistol, I also had them enlarge the width of the rear sight notch from .125" to .140". I like the new setup substantially better than the one that came on the pistol from CZC.

Regular SP-01,

I have a set of the Dawsons that came last week, just wish the rear blade was a bit wider. Our guns are aet up with .135r/.090f or .140r/.100f, I would definetly open the .125 notch on the CZC sights (or another).

I looked at the CGW but I am not sure about a notch that deep.

don't have any pics but I am using the new adjustable rear sight from the Shadow 2 and prior to that the new sight that came on the Shadowmates up here in Canada

Would love to see a picture on how it turned out when you can.

Edited by Hallz

Ok, so here are 3 of Shadows, starting on the right is my Steel Challenge gun which has the 3 dot Fibre optic sights that were available on some guns back in 2011. It came with red FO and I changed it to green as I preferred that. Next in the middle is my backup gun with the new chamfered corner sight that showed up on Shadowmate (Canadians) in 2012/13, originally they came with FO rears as well, but I changed to the solid sight once I found them in Czech while at the EEO. Next on the left is my current match gun, again a Shadowmate (like the practice gun in the background), now with the Shadow 2 rear sight. The blade has a slight forward angle to it, which apparently you can get without, but my source didn't have those. Once actually looking at the gun you can't tell it has the forward tilt though. The sight is adjustable for elevation only, by screw, windage is drifting the sight. I've got 6 guns and I've yet to have to drift my sights to correct for anything in the gun. Centered is centered as far as POI/POA is concerned. I'm normally not a fan of adjustable sights as I used to swap front sights to 6mm for my 147gr bullets and leave it at that. But as I am travelling more I am using a variety of ammo when on the road and this will allow me to zero at each match with the available ammo. Sure it won't help me win any of the matches, but it will help keep some shots out of partial no shoots and such, I hope. At least that's the theory behind my madness. I also am not a fan of adjustable sights as they always seem to break and fall apart at the worst times. My Stock II did that to me a few times, one of the many reasons I ended up with the Shadow. These new sights however, being elevation only seem to be much more durable as they don't have so many parts. I am very happy.

NZVyogV.jpg

YgVdum4.jpg

cuWZLvg.jpg

NLDi7JI.jpg

YGeQx7c.jpg

Group shot with 124gr CamPro and the new rear sight. 18 clicks down from zero at 25m.

HXlMl1i.jpg

^^ Thank you for the pics. These are the first closeups i have seen of the Shadow 2 rear sight. What is your perception of the forward tilt of this sight? Most sights i have used are tilted back.

I was prepared to not like the forward tilt, but on presentation I don't notice it at all. It gives me the feedback I need for shooting and looks exactly the same to me as the fixed sight when shooting. I like the low profile nature of the sight and lack of sharp edges on it too. Doing unloaded gun starts I slap the top of the back like a reverse chop, with normal target sights that equals blood, with these and the fixed it gets my gun loaded pain free.

tedahlenius85

Any chance for side and 3/4 top views of the CZC sites to tell the (if any) setback over the back of the slide?

Up right: CZC tactical fixed rear (i think).

Down left: CZC Comp fixed.

How do you like the CZC's compared to the other two?

Thank you!

Edited by Hallz

tedahlenius85

Any chance for side and 3/4 top views of the CZC sites to tell the (if any) setback over the back of the slide?

Thank you!

Sorry Hallz. On my current guns i run stock sights. So I cant take pictures on the angles you are looking for. I like the CZC sights though, the competition square one is like the square stock, just a little bigger and about 2mm closer to hammer. I had the HAJO sight on my last gun. The tactical one, like the top right in picture. That was a nice one, but I keep it simple now and just run the stock fixed, with a Dawson FO.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

tedahlenius85

Thank you!

0745accc982e406928c99f0179be9bb7.jpg

Here is the difference between stock and czc comp.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Perfect, so the CZC Sights dont hang off the back near as far as the CGW.

Nice to know, appears the CZC's would be much more accommodating to/for a factory ring hammer. Even the low comp (as in my pictures) is cramped.