There will only be an International Team Match

with one 4 person team representing the United

States of America.

The top 4 US competitors from the previous year’s

Bianchi Cup who are present in 2016 will form the

US National Team. This is not to be confused with

the USA World Teams that are picked for the NRA

World Action Pistol Championship.

The program makes interesting reading. Cut from 80 to 40 pages, no mention of the awards schedule for the main event ( that is the Tues-Fri matches for 90% of us) and I can't see a new shooters meeting.mentioned anywhere. Teams events have all but disappeared except an International event allowing one team per country if I read correctly; or is it only one US team allowed? It is going to be a different feeling this year and like most feelings there is good and bad and they are all subjective.

To be fair I will leave my main post until after the event.

They are actually higher. They want us to pay $1250 cash for a table in the building at the range. In the past it was $1000 in merchandise (retail value).

Yeah that is even worse, which means there are less prizes for the prize bags.

A number of issues.

Page 3. Competitor meeting? What day, I will assume Tuesday at this stage. Opening Ceremony was usually right before actual shooting begins. Looks like we have 30 minutes before first competitor is due to shoot to sort crap out. Really?

Page 14: D-4

© Dropped gun, nothing about unloaded firearm. Are we back to the old rules. I know of a couple of guys who would have loved this 3 or 4 years back.

(d) Gloves, must be worn during the whole event, does that mean (if you use a glove for metallic on the barricade) just abrricade or through all 4 matches?

Sponsors:

No Smith & Wesson, Glock or Zero?? WTF

More or less to come.

All

We are back to the original rules on a dropped gun. Loaded, instant disqualification. Unloaded is a safety violation, two safety violations will result in disqualification.

Gloves - Can be worn for an "Event" we shoot 4 "events" to make up the match. You do not have to wear it for the entire match. If you want to use a glove or gloves for Barricade, you do not have to wear them on mover.

Could have been worded a little better for sure.

GrantJ

I have a question about the wording in the Barricade Event. On page 24 in the "Notes" section at the bottom of the page it states "Competitors will not be permitted to 'Lock on to the Barricade'." I'm assuming its just for Production and Metallic, but the sentence stands alone so I hope it does not apply to all. Every Open shooter locks on. I may be reading too much into this Program, but the way things are going makes me wonder.

I know it takes cash to run an event, but not taking goodies means that the money is not for prizes. It is going into the consolidated account.

Some in cash and some in prizes means they are running the shoot and trying for it not to cost them a bunch, but still offer decent prizes to entice us plebs.

• 2 weeks later...

All

We are back to the original rules on a dropped gun. Loaded, instant disqualification. Unloaded is a safety violation, two safety violations will result in disqualification.

Gloves - Can be worn for an "Event" we shoot 4 "events" to make up the match. You do not have to wear it for the entire match. If you want to use a glove or gloves for Barricade, you do not have to wear them on mover.

Could have been worded a little better for sure.

GrantJ

Gloves is plural...so you have to use two gloves or more?

Tom

I hate spupid rules and rules that are impossible to inforce!!

For Production and Metallic you may use one or two gloves at the shooters discretion when shooting barricade or any other match, BUT, you must wear the same amount of gloves throughout that whole match. If you start with gloves one or two you finish with gloves one or two.

Said gloves must not extend down the arm or form any type of artificial support to the hadns or arms. Baseball batter gloves (and similar) with an elastic stap to prevent the glove from slipping up the hand are considered legal, as they usually do not extened support past the knuckle of the wrist. Anything that is laced, taped or straped up the arm past the knuckle will be considered not legal (Boxing Glove Style).