Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which CZ?

aandabooks

Not sure why I want one but I've got an itch to try one. Needs to stay Production legal.

Which CZ if I want to buy in cheap and do upgrades myself? Which CZ if I want to spend the money to get a ready to run no messing around CZ?

I say get the SP-01 Shadow and do the upgrades in the link in post #3

It's what I do anyway. I like the no FPB Shadow better than the SP-01, but it's just personal preference.

I take a SP-01 Shadow and with 4 hours time have it as good as the $1400 CZC Shadow trigger. CGW is your friend for parts

I just purchased an SP-01. I ordered a FO sight set, some springs, pins, etc. from CGW (excellent and fast service), Bladetech holster, and VZ grips. I put the sights on Saturday, took it to an indoor range to test (50 rounds), and then shot it for the first time in an IDPA match Sunday morning (no USPSA matches til April). SA trigger pull just under 3.5# and DA trigger pull between 6.5# 6.9#. Practiced drawing and reloading dryfire for 20 minutes Saturday night. Excellent gun (results for the match not posted yet, but I expect a second to fourth place finish). A friend just bought one too and his FO sight set did not even arrive in time. He didn't even dry fire it (ran it virgin Sunday morning). He either beat me by 2 seconds overall or I beat him by 2 seconds--depends on Stage Two final results (we couldn't remember our exact times on that stage) out of 20 experienced shooters. "Indian not the arrow," but the SP-01 is a good arrow. I normally shoot a Glock 34 and he shoots an M&P 9 Pro (we both like 1911s so the heavier metal blaster was a non-issue).