Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please educate me with Beretta 1301 tactical and 922r help

gqllc007

I have a Beretta 1301 tactical with a Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock, Nordic +2 mag extension and Nordic follower.

How is everyone who have added mag extension tubes been able to comply with 922r? Any help here would be appreciated and sorry if it has been beaten to death but I am new to the 922r issues. I am looking for other compliant US made parts. Even a forearm stock made in US would be perfect

Edited by gqllc007

Not just AK builders. You have to do the same thing with Benelli shotguns, too. I was going to purchase an M2 last year and I would have to deal with 922r. I believe TT and some other Benelli shotgun guys put enough parts in to make their shotguns 922r compliant.

• 3 weeks later...

lol has anyone ever been busted with that stupid law? My guess is no.

Yeah, it's only a federal felony and we might have an even more anti-gun administration and justice department. No big deal, you're right.

Yeah, it's only a federal felony and we might have an even more anti-gun administration and justice department. No big deal, you're right.

ok but has anyone ever been charged with a 922R violation? It's wonderful to make snide remarks but does absolutely nothing to answer any questions or provide any useful information. It's wonderful that you're afraid of the boogeyman, but I'm much more worried about if he actually exists and eats people when they aren't looking instead of just being afraid because I don't know any better.

I commit no less than three felonies by the time I'm halfway done with my morning poop session. What's one more?

• 3 weeks later...

922r is the assembling of a listed gun on the ban list from parts. When it passed you were able to buy a "sporting" gun and easily convert it to one of the listed banned guns, namely Benelli.

I fail to see how you can be charged with assembling a banned gun from parts, that was not even designed and manufactured back then, not on the list, and has since been legally imported. Namely not Benelli.

It is the law its not often charged and when it is its only in conjunction with other charges still committing a felony and losing your gun rights is no laughing matter.

The good news is you can use the right number of american parts to get around this law. Not everything counts so you need to check.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo