Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Angled Magazine Pouches?

Delta66

Along that line of thought, if they are angled forward with the base pad up, does the base pad need to be being the hip bone, or just the pouch?

For the record, I just put the base pad behind, just to be on the safe side, but if I can get away with it, why wouldn't I? :)

Edited by nahanshew89

Nahanshew:

All parts of the magazine and the carrier (and the holster and gun on the strong hand side) need to be behind a vertical plane that touches the forward point of each hip. I believe that was a clarification made in a recent NROI column in Front Sight.

I angle the pouches at the same angle my arm makes when grabbing the mag out of it. That way the wrist is straight and you only pull up on the mag, along the line of your arm, not at an angle

Sent by Jedi mind control

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the angle method several different ways . bullets out angled rearward , bullets forward angled rear with the last 2 pouches either straight up or angled forward slightly and for me with how I grab mags bullets out and angled forward is awesome . You can strip mags from pouches really fast and at least for me it's very comfortable than the traditional setup .