Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I might not be the biggest Costa fan, but.....

Gooldylocks

.... this is a cool looking gun right here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=547327598

This Costa line looks to me to have real promise, if I am completely honest. I like the VIP, the 5" one and the carry comp. Is STI going to just do these as a limited run or are they going to add them as regular items to the lineup?

Sure, but look at what his marketing capabilities have grown to. Magpul products became the household name, Salient has exploded, Knights Armament grew in commercial recognition, LaRue built the costa rifle and sold out like none other. Surefire, Aimpoint, Vortex now. Hes a marketing beast when you make quality products.

Not to mention, he does a great job instructing and is all out enjoyable to be around. Our industry is entirely driven on buying sh*t we don't need. But you make it look cool and we throw cash at it that we don't necessarily have.

I don't know if $600 is fair to say as a tax.

If you tried to duplicate these guns using a stock STI, you'd spend roughly $200 on just S&H. That would only leave you someone that could stipple a grip, mill the slide and give you a DLC finish for $400.

Edit: If that 4" were a wide frame, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by v1911

There isn't really much of the Costa tax on the 4.0 and 5.0. They cost the same as the STI Hex Tac 2011.

And you gain a stippled grip with the Costa guns.

Edited by Quack

I like the 9mm VIP...but it looks unfinished without a small magwell. Could do without the name splash too, but I understand marketing so not a huge deal.

The Costa VIP is the same grip as the old VIP (officer sized). Both take 120mm mags.

Sure, but look at what his marketing capabilities have grown to. Magpul products became the household name, Salient has exploded, Knights Armament grew in commercial recognition, LaRue built the costa rifle and sold out like none other. Surefire, Aimpoint, Vortex now. Hes a marketing beast when you make quality products.

Not to mention, he does a great job instructing and is all out enjoyable to be around. Our industry is entirely driven on buying sh*t we don't need. But you make it look cool and we throw cash at it that we don't necessarily have.

I'm not saying it isn't justified, just sucks for people like me that don't have piles of money to throw at gear.

and well said. I'm currently shopping for a 2011, but I won't compete again for a few years at best, so I clearly don't need it. still want it though. damn internet.

I'm not saying it isn't justified, just sucks for people like me that don't have piles of money to throw at gear.

and well said. I'm currently shopping for a 2011, but I won't compete again for a few years at best, so I clearly don't need it. still want it though. damn internet.

Oh, I definitely hear ya. Since day one of Magpul Dynamics it was always funny to see people chasing after the guns Chris shoots. Except every couple months he has a new build, so you can see some disparity in people when they try to keep up with him. His first runs of M&Ps sold out in an hour or something like that. His LaRue rifles were gone in no time and he's helped grow the sales for the Warsport LVOA. The threads on AR com about Costa were always funny to read as they kept up with what gear he was switching too. Now lets see what STI does in growth with the general tactical public.

Do the pros get paid for stuff like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure Chris does. His company name is slapped on the side, he's probably got some sort of percentage per sale.