Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cz sp-01 91152 for ESP

tcazes

I have read through the numerous SP-01 esp threads on here and google but im not 100% sure of something. I plan to have a standard sp01 built by cgw but just realized, I couldn't use this in idpa since its not a decocker model correct? or does the ruling still apply that I could simply start c&l? I was under the impression it had to meet ssp rules which wont let me start c&l......

also, I wanted to have them install their flat face trigger also but this would render me useless once again for idpa since, in order to remain ssp legal to be esp legal (which I find incredibly stupid to make rules such as this for this gun) I would need the factory trigger correct?

I love my limited minor fun in uspsa and this gun would be seeing quite a bit of it hence wanting to have the flat face etc which wouldn't let me shoot production anymore but I want to make sure I could use it for idpa as well since shift work doesn't always let me shoot uspsa....

basically, what could I do with a standard to be both idpa/uspsa legal or should I pay the extra for the decocker model?

also can I get a definite yes or no on changing the trigger to the flat face trigger? im finding conflicting reviews on if I can change the trigger since it would then not be ssp legal rendering it not legal for esp due to the rule stating that for the full length dust cover, the gun must be ssp legal to be legal for esp...

That is why it was suggested you use a cz 75 shadow (short dustcover), rather than an sp-01 shadow (full dust cover) for idpa esp. Then you wouldn't have to worry about flat trigger, single action only, etc. that would make it ssp illegal and thus esp illegal. I agree the rules are silly.

This situation, at least to me, is simple until I read some of the explanations.

The SP01 is eligible for SSP as long as it meets all other Division requirements. The SP01 is not eligible for ESP due to the length of the dust cover, however, under the rule that all SSP legal guns are legal for ESP AS LONG AS THEY REMAIN SSP LEGAL allows the SP01 to be used in ESP.

The following is part of the SSP rule of eligibility:

"8.2.1.3.3 Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in SSP."

As a result if you put a trigger not meeting the above rule in the gun, then the gun is ineligible for SSP and thus ineligible for ESP. If the trigger you propose meets the rule 8.2.1.3.3 requirements then you are good to go.

I highly recommend you read the rulebook and not rely on information from the internet....including information from me or anyone else. You need to be your own keeper.

I have the same questions. I started getting in to USPSA before I moved. I now live in northwest Arkansas and it seems like it's only IDPA around here. So I want to get an IDPA gun to shoot either SSP or ESP or both.

So I think I'm understanding that if I get an SP01 Shadow from either CZ Custom or Cajun and keep it SSP legal it will also be ESP legal.

Or I can get a 75 shadow or 1911/2011 and just do ESP. Thoughts on this?

only if you don't change anything. idpa does not recognize anything from cz custom shop as being a cz affiliate therefore illegal for ssp. just keep that in mind. ass for brooke, I have read the rulebook and am more than versed in what I can and can't have on a normal rig but the cz is a breed of its own. I know what I have to for my build so no worries. I also contacted my local area coordinator to confirm. thanks

only if you don't change anything. idpa does not recognize anything from cz custom shop as being a cz affiliate therefore illegal for ssp. just keep that in mind. ass for brooke, I have read the rulebook and am more than versed in what I can and can't have on a normal rig but the cz is a breed of its own. I know what I have to for my build so no worries. I also contacted my local area coordinator to confirm. thanks

Hmm. I've been told by CZ Custom that the SP01 shadow custom is SSP legal.

then worth a shot for you but cz custom is a privately owned shop and not the original firearm manufacturer (per the press release when they banned the accu shadow for the same nonsense) unlike S&W custom shop, springfield custom shop etc. so it wouldn't be ssp legal. I have been told since I made the original post that an unmodified sp-01 standard or shadow is legal but the custom variations from cz custom are not... I don't see why they make such a big deal about cz's

Edited by tcazes

then worth a shot for you but cz custom is a privately owned shop and not the original firearm manufacturer (per the press release when they banned the accu shadow for the same nonsense) unlike S&W custom shop, springfield custom shop etc. so it wouldn't be ssp legal. I have been told since I made the original post that an unmodified sp-01 standard or shadow is legal but the custom variations from cz custom are not... I don't see why they make such a big deal about cz's

I understand that CZ custom is an outside company, however their shadow custom uses all stock external parts, the modding is all internal, which is what allows it to be SSP legal from what I understand.

Now Cajun gun works uses an external screw on their trigger on their shadow custom version which makes it illegal. They will build you an SSP gun from what I understand but there are subtle differences that will make the difference whether they are legal or not.

I contacted headquarters and you can use a cz 85c trigger (which has an external adjustment screw) and still be legal since it is an oem part on an oem gun.

I now have to see what grips are allowed.