Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pelican or Plano Hard Case

ad5md

I have multiple Pelican's and the airport gorillas can not tear one up. There are a lot of precision equipment that is protected by Pelican everyday, but the Plano may be a better deal. Pelicans are heavy and the foam is topnotch.

I have Pelican cases for my Ltd and Open gun. The pluck foam is nice - I got a can of 3M spray adhesive to "glue" pieces back into place to make them fit the guns better (ie, a bit more elevation in the trigger area relative to the flared mag well, etc.)

I was at Sam's Club years ago and they had a pallet of Pelican Rifle cases that has the wheels , I think they were the 3410 model for $62.00 each. I bought everyone they had, 14 or 15 cases. I had to go home to get a trailer to carry them all. I moved them at such a good price, my friends got a killer deal on the vault like cases. My rifle cases has traveled many miles without a worry. The radiological decals did not hurt either, that I added to the cases ( Pre- 09-11 ). For some reason , people did not want to mess with the rifle cases.