Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training courses?

Nebwake

• 1 month later...

Have any of you worked with Frank Garcia or Shannon Smith?

I took a 2 day class from Frank last year. This past weekend both Frank and Shannon were in the area putting on classes, I attended a day session with Frank. I think he puts on a great class, with lots of info. Highly recommend.

A bit off topic. Who taught the great shooters Rob Ben Max EricG GerryM etc? Did they took classes in their developing years? Been wondering about this.

There was probably no such thing as classes when Jerry and Rob were coming up. Max's dad is a good shooter and started Max early, plus he took classes from Uncle Sam every day for 6 years or whatever. Ben has mentioned being self taught. No idea about Eric G.

Edited by tha1000

Truly motivated, high achieving people teach themselves much of what they know. Even those who would presume to teach them become the students.

But no doubt the people you mention were around other very good shooters and learned by competing against them and watching them and talking to them.

Did not Rob have Brian? From what I gather, they must have pushed each other to get better, and learned from each other.

No such thing as classes? I wouldn't assume that but maybe you're right.

Edited by GunBugBit

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from a three day course at Tactical Performance Center in St. George, UT teaching Ron Avery's method of scientific shooting. ( https://www.tacticalperformancecenter.com/tpc-boot-camp/). I'd heartily recommend it. I'll be going back next month after practicing the concepts for a month at home. It is more technique oriented than Vogel's course which I also have enjoyed and learned from.