Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Power custom hammer opinions

314shane

I'll be honest guys, I don't think it's on their site. I didn't even know they made one. I just got some shims from them and they sent me a catalog. That's where I saw it. I was considering an apex but if there's is just as good since they are from my state I kinda know Randal. Well you guys get the point.

Interesting. I wish they listed the weight, Looks sort of chunky still.

Given Apexs excellent history, price point, and aesthetically more pleasing. I dont see a reason to sell all my apex hammers and swap over.

ully CNC'd and Wire EDM from Bar Stock. Case Hardened. Takes the place of the Factory MIM powedered Hammers. Perfect for trigger action jobs on new style guns since the new hammers will not hold up with a trigger pull. This is the Speed Hammer. This is a special for the 1st week only.

Not really sure what that means?

I'm pretty sure that's a typo. I'll ask him about it. I think what he meant was that it will hold up where the mim ones might not last as long. For what it's worth, he took the pic and put it on the site and emailed me the link in about 2 hours. That being said I have no idea what it takes to do something like that.

Edit for spelling and brain fart mem=men with fat thumbs on on iPhone plus brain fart. I got it right now, I think

Edited by 314shane

I have a 500 grain hammer, and it's in my 617.

An apex N frame ready to drop in the gun weighs just under 350gr.

An aggressive chop made famous by that car loan guy can get easily into the low 200s.