Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photos Of 3-gun Weapons.

Brian Payne

Thats where I kept them until I bought a gun safe . Kept them high enough that the kids couldnt get at them and when I was getting ready to go to a match the weapons were right there and my gearbag was stowed below the workbench .

• 3 weeks later...

AR3.JPG

AR4.JPG

The final parts and needed tools came in the big brown truck today and I assembled this. For a before pic see any stock 16" A2 bushie with crappy 2pos stock. Took it out and function fired it, not a hitch. I went with the Miculek comp(because it was the cheapest by far, in case you can't tell by the "custom" iron sight job I'm on a budget). I have a hard time believing something could work better, quieter yes but the rifle doesn't move off an IPSC at 50 yds during recoil. I also like it's relatively small size. The CMT flat top I got from Global Tactical (Denny). Its fit is perfect and the finish is actually better than my fathers brand new bushie patrolmans carbine. I also got the YHM front sight/gas block from him, and I like it.

The irons on top of the scope were just an idea I had using a pair of rings and old sights I already had and a 7 dollar piece of nylon pic rail. I'm going to see how I like it on close stuff, so far it seems pretty cool. The zip tie on the rear is a temp fix until I sight it in to find its final location then comes the rednecks friend, err epoxy. I have an idea it may be higher than optimal so I might rig something up along the lines of the JP sight on the handguard. I also need better rings, those I got free from CDNN and the best I can say about them is that they haven't fallen off yet.

Speaking of handguards those are temporary and using the remaining nylon pic rail. I haven't decided whether I'm going to free float it or not. I plan on heading out to the range this weekend and doing some 300yd work to see what non free floated is capable of, I know before the rifle was moa capable so unless something has changed I'll end up with some SureFire hg's.

Regards,

Alan Elam

I've recently replaced my 1100 Competition Master for an 1100 that I built with Ashley Express Rifle Sights and a Speedfeed stock.

Rifle: Bushmaster lower w/ JP Trigger and JP upper and an EOTech

Pistol: Springfield Armory 1911 Operator

I really like this setup. It seems to work well for me.

post-4419-1117372216_thumb.jpg

post-4419-1117372263_thumb.jpg

I've recently replaced my 1100 Competition Master for an 1100 that I built with Ashley Express Rifle Sights and a Speedfeed stock. 

GBTX01,

Which hand do you reload with? I wanted to try out a pistol grip on my 1100. But I'm somewhat worried that the grip would get in the way of a weak hand reload.

If I am reloading from the sidesaddle then I reload with my strong hand, holding the shotgun with my weak hand pinned top of reciever against my chest. If I reload from the belt then I keep the gun on target and the hold the pistol grip. I had a little problem doing this with the CM but the EZ loader really made it easier. The only problem is the forward wieght of the gun makes it hard to hold up one handed for extended periods of time. Short answers, is no it doesn't get in my way. Some of the Benelli guys may be able to provide even more insight. I'm still a rookie at this and have a lot to learn myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here are a couple of the photos of the guns I use. If I'm shooting open I use the M-14.

m14.jpg

If I'm shooting heman on a range of 100yds or less and need irons the 51 comes in handy (4 inch groups at 100)

hk51.jpg

By far the best Shotgun ever has to be USAS. Here is the pic of my select fire USAS.

usas12l.jpg

alan

Hi stingerjg<

Yep, it's a Mini-14. Living in California :angry: Limits my options! I'm considering getting a M1A. I have a cmore mounted on the side of the handguard, that you can't see in the picture. I shot may first 3-Gun match a month ago, and I'm hooked! Just need for matches closer to home!

Other guns:

Shotgun JP Enterprises 1100

SV Pistol recently worked over by Benny Hill