Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Silhouette and unburnt powder

gmg

Hello guys. This is for you guys that have used Ramshot Silhouette and have some working knowledge of the powder. I have been using Silhouette for about a fyear now and have been noticing a lot a brass looking shavings all over my gun and my holster. At first I thought it was actually was brass filings and really had me worried, but couldn't find anything that would point to there being a problem. Long story short, it is unburnt powder. My gun also gets very dirty with it. So I was wanting to know if any others were having these problems. I have not seen it in any other powders that I have tried. I have seen anywhere mentioned about this in searching, so is it just my setup or is this common for Ramshot Silhouette?

I've got a bottle of Silhouette but haven't gotten around to trying it yet (planning to use it in my .38 Super). If you're are getting "cornmeal residue" it probably means your loads aren't developing enough pressure for a clean burn.

Edited by pbcaster45

OK, that answers my question. I guess it is somehting you are going to get if you use Silhouette. And all the crud. The powder shoots great, accurate, excellent recoil impulse.

Hello guys. This is for you guys that have used Ramshot Silhouette and have some working knowledge of the powder. I have been using Silhouette for about a fyear now and have been noticing a lot a brass looking shavings all over my gun and my holster. At first I thought it was actually was brass filings and really had me worried, but couldn't find anything that would point to there being a problem. Long story short, it is unburnt powder. My gun also gets very dirty with it. So I was wanting to know if any others were having these problems. I have not seen it in any other powders that I have tried. I have seen anywhere mentioned about this in searching, so is it just my setup or is this common for Ramshot Silhouette?

I've got a bottle of Silhouette but haven't gotten around to trying it yet (planning to use it in my .38 Super). If you're are getting "cornmeal residue" it probably means your loads aren't developing enough pressure for a clean burn.

I had the same problem, when I went up 1/10th of a grain, it almost completely disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...