Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock sub-2 lb trigger?

nahanshew89

I've never felt one of the Vanek triggers, but the DK on my G34 Production gun is awesome. super short, light and crisp. Far better than any of my ZEV triggers.

all my zev tech triggers were in need of extensive polishing OR material removal to reach the 2.5 mark ; connectors, cruciforms,triggers safety pins, trigger bars.... though in some cases this is impossible on some specific guns because of looser tolerances.
i stoped comparing my glock's trigger weight break with sti's and sv's ,otherwise it would be a never ending quest.
you'll never be able to get a consistent and clean 2 pound trigger on a glock.

I've never felt one of the Vanek triggers, but the DK on my G34 Production gun is awesome. super short, light and crisp. Far better than any of my ZEV triggers.

all my zev tech triggers were in need of extensive polishing OR material removal to reach the 2.5 mark ; connectors, cruciforms,triggers safety pins, trigger bars.... though in some cases this is impossible on some specific guns because of looser tolerances.

i stoped comparing my glock's trigger weight break with sti's and sv's ,otherwise it would be a never ending quest.

I've heard of people getting consistent sub 2 lb trigger pulls out of stock glock trigger groups by simply changing geometry. It's not something I'm comfortable doing though. Edited by nahanshew89

I've heard of people getting consistent sub 2 lb trigger pulls out of stock glock trigger groups by simply changing geometry. It's not something I'm comfortable doing though.

myself HEARD about this ,however i never had a hand on one i can try myself. seems like JOE D triggers gets the modified geometry ; even then, i fail to see how a sub 2 lb trigger break weight is possible , this due to the design of glock triggers.

i'm done spending a little fortune in the quest for a 2011 trigger feel on my glocks...it'll never happens.

Edited by sigsauerfan

I agree, it's a fools errand to seek SA trigger action from a striker fired gun. I'm just hoping to get close. I've spent that small fortune just building this damn plastic gun, and I haven't even touched the trigger, money wise. I'm just gonna buy the DK and call it good.

I agree, it's a fools errand to seek SA trigger action from a striker fired gun. I'm just hoping to get close. I've spent that small fortune just building this damn plastic gun, and I haven't even touched the trigger, money wise. I'm just gonna buy the DK and call it good.

like you i've spent the money required to add weight where it count ,and i must say my limited guns are much more balanced with all the brass bolted all around LOL! my 4 limited guns ( 17-22-34-35) are all mod'ed the same in that matter :

1-dawson heavy magwell

2-tungsten GR and 13lb RS's

3-lightened slides

4- bling TF brass basepads for all my mags.

5- griptape

6-.........................................................................worked by myself zev ultimate triggers ; and honestly, i think the trigger feel on my guns would be very close to what they are now with only modified OEM triggers.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Does anyone know where the thread is here by a forum member on this from like 2012 or earlier?

It is awesome. He relocates the trigger bar pin hole for starters. I tried it and got slightly off, and never completed the project. But it lowers the crap out of pull weight.

He could hit 2lbs or less. He was well known and very experienced.

Does anyone know where the thread is here by a forum member on this from like 2012 or earlier?

It is awesome. He relocates the trigger bar pin hole for starters. I tried it and got slightly off, and never completed the project. But it lowers the crap out of pull weight.

i wonder if the '''new''' hole is higher or lower on the frame. well....i guess it cant be drilled higher, so probably lower and a little closer to the rear of the trigger cage.

i'd like to get the recipe for a sub 2lb trigger and i guess i'm not the only one.

Edited by sigsauerfan

And that for the most part most SAO pistols are 2.5lb range for competition. The sub 2 lb trigger is not gonna help if reach some classification that can not be done at 2.5. The control tolerance in the glock pistol it's self makes it hard itself to maintain consistency. Look at the movement of the rear of your slide itself when pulling the trigger. Just about every glock does it. That in itself keeps trigger consistency hard. Let alone the fact that you are not releasing the striker from a fully cocked position via a sear you are pushing it back while at the same time pushing the bar down to slide off the face of the striker

Some people just can not be satisfied ( I include myself in this too which is why I started doing my triggers) but there also has to be some reality in the thought process too

You had to drill the trigger and the bar.

And it took me forever to find and grind a bit to drill the bar! It's as hard as a diamond!

It isn't just the trigger bar itself that is hard. Lol even the plastic composition is tuff. Bits are changed frequently in the shop and just as many broken tips

And that for the most part most SAO pistols are 2.5lb range for competition. The sub 2 lb trigger is not gonna help if reach some classification that can not be done at 2.5. The control tolerance in the glock pistol it's self makes it hard itself to maintain consistency. Look at the movement of the rear of your slide itself when pulling the trigger. Just about every glock does it. That in itself keeps trigger consistency hard. Let alone the fact that you are not releasing the striker from a fully cocked position via a sear you are pushing it back while at the same time pushing the bar down to slide off the face of the striker

Some people just can not be satisfied ( I include myself in this too which is why I started doing my triggers) but there also has to be some reality in the thought process too

Which is why I'm gonna buy one from you and call it good :cheers:

This modification to the trigger bar with no other changes will lower the trigger pull weight by approximately 16 oz.

• 3 weeks later...

True. That's the advantage of a Glock. Trigger work for my STI goes out, but anyone can drop in parts for Glock trigger work. To an earlier post, the lightened striker makes running the light striker springs more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. That's the advantage of a Glock. Trigger work for my STI goes out, but anyone can drop in parts for Glock trigger work. To an earlier post, the lightened striker makes running the light striker springs more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, and Jager makes a fine lightweight striker.