Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics comparisons for CO pistols

Nimitz

Trijjicon RM07 on a m&p core. The sight lasted 200 rounds and the dot started turning itself on and off. It is in for repair. I was told twice by tech support that this sight was not designed to be slide mounted was the problem. Darn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trijjicon RM07 on a m&p core. The sight lasted 200 rounds and the dot started turning itself on and off. It is in for repair. I was told twice by tech support that this sight was not designed to be slide mounted was the problem. Darn

What the f?

I see hundreds of "Instagram operators" claiming the rm07 is the best, bragging about how well they perform on their slide cut glocks...

So which sights are rated for slide mounting?...

And to which slides? Besides the mos and core? Most other aftermarket slide cuts are designed around rmr specs...

And never mind that a carry optics division will get you shooting a lot more than you potentially/normally would a carry gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case they should probably take down all those pictures on their web site of slide mounted RMRs...

From what I've been seeing it seems the adjustable LED RMRs don't hold up as well as the non-adjustable LED. I've heard of far more problems with them shutting off. I'm using an RM02 and haven't had any problems yet.

If that's the case they should probably take down all those pictures on their web site of slide mounted RMRs...

From what I've been seeing it seems the adjustable LED RMRs don't hold up as well as the non-adjustable LED. I've heard of far more problems with them shutting off. I'm using an RM02 and haven't had any problems yet.

If I were Trijjicon, at the very least I would put a gag on the tech support people and tell them they would be fired if they continued to make excuses for the RM07 and to stop saying that the RM07 was not designed to be slide mounted on a pistol. Then Trijjicon should take the picture off their web site showing the RMR mounted on the slide of a pistol. Sorry I can't identify which pistol it is they have a picture of with a RMR mounted on. Then after all that Trijjicon should put a disclaimer on their web site saying only mount the RMR on a pistol slide at your own risk. IMHO

JOHN

Edited by zdog

Unfortunately I do not doubt you were told that based on my experience with Trijicon. Apparently they have the dumbest telephone support on the planet. That might try hiring high school graduates.

Two and a half years ago I got my G17 milled and an RM02 installed. Soon it started to suddenly go off (it has no on/off switch). Usually I have little respect for what is written on the internet since about 97% of it is nonsense, but I read several claims that the battery was shorting against the slide and a layer of tape under the optic would fix it. Additionally this was said this is a common problem.

I called Trijicon and was told they never had heard of such a problem and basically blamed me and refused to even look at the sight. So with little else to do, I put a layer of tape under the sight. Now for 2+ years the problem is completely, 100%, solved. The sight is great....the telephone support is worse than awful!