Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Nova pump upgrades

Cody_2130

I'm going to start shooting local 3 gun matches starting here in a couple weeks, I have a nova pump 26" with extended chokes that I'm going to run for this first year, I have a Nordic +5 tube on it and I have opened up the loading port a good bit. The lop feels great for my long ass arms. Are there any other upgrades that I should look at doing? Thanks!

Edited by Cody_2130

Smooth & polish action arms, contact points on bolt, inside forearm, remove/defeat mag cut-off button, replace factory recoil pad, shorten forearm and bevel to allow reloads w/o hitting the back end of it, smooth/round serrations from bolt release. Practice, practice, practice.

My Nova is stock except for a Nordic tube, a long fiber front sitting behind the factory fiber (the factory one isn't that bright), a little mild loading port work and I did stone the action bars, just breaking any sharp edges. And like Bryan said, lots of practice, both live fire and dryfire. It is slick as glass now.

Hurley

I've seen several times people referring to stones the action bars. Me being a pump gun noob, is there any info out there on exactly how to take the SG apart and what areas to be focused on? My supernova is still very new to me and I have not really spent much time to learn about it yet internally. I've just been focused on trying to get some time behind the trigger to get used to it.

Thanks.

I've seen several times people referring to stones the action bars. Me being a pump gun noob, is there any info out there on exactly how to take the SG apart and what areas to be focused on? My supernova is still very new to me and I have not really spent much time to learn about it yet internally. I've just been focused on trying to get some time behind the trigger to get used to it.

Thanks.

Surprisingly, Issue 23 (current news stand edition) of Recoil Magazine has a detailed piece on making a SuperNova ready for 3-gun. They have detailed photos and discussions of the action bars, etc. I was surprised to see the article and decided to get it to guide me as I modify my own SuperNova. I don't mean to advertise for a periodical or anything, but it did seem like a helpful article relevant to this discussion.

20160126_153139_zps35zvtd5t.jpg

20160125_135831_zpsunhostgs.jpg

The fun has been shot a good but so it's pretty smooth, I have been working on getting quad loads figured out as well as a good amount of dry fire practice. Hoping I can get to the range here in the next week or so and run a couple hundred rounds through the gun, gotta get my choke setup figured out too