Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just When You Think It Can't Get Any Crazier

AikiDale

I was lookin' at that stuff earlier today. Totally squicks me out.... I can deal with piercing and tattoos and such, but ritual cutting, scarification, suspensions, etc.... I'm obviously not equipped to understand....... :blink::blink::wacko::unsure:

That is a big fad here with the local college crowd. The "males" are now into doing "tractor pulls" where they hook multiple idiots together and they tug away until someone yells uncle.

I can honestly say I have never been drunk enough to think that was a good idea.

"The first couple of times, I didn't enjoy it," said Canadian Warren Hiller. "The first time I blacked out, and one time I was convulsing. But the third time I got better. I wasn't blacking out anymore."

Ye gods. Then why the hell did he try it again? Come to think of it, why did he do it the first time?

Thing is, the girl in that one photo has (had?) a really pretty face. What a waste.

You know, I can't help but think when I see stuff like this what a great country this is.

That always strikes me when I see just completely weird crap. Dig it? Go for it. Want to dress up in women's clothes and sing 'Haba Nagila'? Nobody here is going to stop you. And chances are you'll find other people into whatever it is you're into, no matter how weird.

I think that's very cool.

- Gabe

I'm not surprised by the "blacking out" and the "convulsions" thing. The body naturally reacts to serious injury (and I'm sorry, but this IS serious penetration injury) and the body chemistry goes nuts. Some people are more tolerant of 'injury' than others. :wacko:

Yeh, we used to get drunk and do weird things, but never like THIS. :angry:

(BTW, the photos never downloaded on my system...) :huh:

I've seen a bit of this on TV. I can do without it. I'm not here on this planet to suffer and ANY form of pointless self-mutilation/wounding is a sign of disrespect for one's own self. I'm not saying they can't go and do that to themselves (the freedom thing), I'm just saying I'm convinced it's a sign of derangement that they DO. Along with the people who AID them in doing so. Of course I noted that there is money being made here... <_<

As Lynn said, "...where's the boiling oil?" It's coming, Lynn, it's coming.

I do, however, wholeheartedly approve of certain piercings for adornment (especially ears) and tattooing--an ancient art brought up to date richly and beautifully by many very talented tattoo artists. B)

It actually does take all kinds to have real freedom, because if you don't celebrate "all" of the differences people can exhibit, you are just paying lip service to the true concept of freedom.

It's all, or nuttin' here folks, freedom is a very demanding lover when you court her for real.

--

Regards,

Its like our local Sheriff rebutted some punks who were disturbing the peace and said "F*** you man, its a free country, we can do what we want" to which the sheriff replied "no its not a free country where society is based on anarchy, lawlessness and no account sh*ts like yourself".

And there you see why anarchy is not to be confused with freedom.

If the practice does nothing detrimental to anyone who isn't interested in participating, then no harm, no foul.

As creepy as I think the fishook hanging is, it is my choice to be creeped by it and I can really only stand back, watch and in the immortal words of Yakov Smirnoff, say "What A Country!"

--

Regards,

If anarchists ever get their way, they're going to learn real fast why the American freedom experiment is far superior to their lawless chaos.

The first time they try to smash a car window in Tennessee. Big wake-up call coming there.

- Gabe ;)