Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine release for STI DVC LIMITED

jtrump

I had put an Ed Brown over sized button on and after several times during practice I was dropping the full mag when properly applying my grip, so I took it off and no its just very short and to top that off, I've had it happen with MBX mags, as well as stock STI mags, The darn thing feels like it's holding tension on the magazine and I have to strip it killing my reloads.

What would be a good low profile mag release that's just slightly longer than the dvc button with more surface area, and any idea about the friction on the magazines when pressing the release itself?

Dawson precision I was gonna buy one of those for my dvc open. Instead I took a peice of round stock aluminum from work and cut it .100" thick drilled a hole on the center and alodined it until the color matched the barrel.

On my latest batch of STI 140mm mags the slot for the mag release is JUST larger than the mag release button. Vs the older 126 mag that never binds (dont have to rip it, always falls free). the slot for the mag release is larger in height. I took some measurements and mad a go/ no go gauge based on the 126 mag. The 140 mags now fall free 100% of the time. First check tomake sure the body itself isn't oversized. Out of the box they need some massaging to get down below 1.365 front to back measurement to drop free. If you need more info PM me.

I use the Brazo's cyclone button on my 2011. It sits "onto" the magazine release and the screw is recessed flat on top. It has a nice low profile and I have never accidentally released a mag with it on.