Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geico Gecko

ErikW

Unfortunately, it's an Anole, not a Gecko..... :lol: (at least, I think - I'm no herpetologist... ;) ). I haven't found anyone to beat our Nationwide rates, yet (long term customer, etc, etc) - and they never seem to raise 'em enough to where it behooves me to go with someone else.... :(

it's an Anole, not a Gecko

Tastes like gecko, said the falcon.

(Don't tell me it's not a falcon!)

It's not a falcon.........

:lol: Actually, I don't know.... :) Not that good at identifying birds. I only know the Anole cause I got 'em all over the backyard....

Naw, not a red tail. Red tails don't have the speckled feathers on the wings. Ornithology was a long, long time ago but I am not all that sure it is even a North American hawk.

Definately not a gecko. The Geico Gecko isn't a gecko either...at least not a true gecko. What are sold in pet stores usually aren't true geckos either. I can go dig out the Herpetology text if you need the full answer (yes, I was a trained herpetologist in another life).

I have heard too many horror stories about Geico and Progressive to even think about using them.

How about a Sharp Shinned hawk?

Both of them look alike... whichever one it is, we have them... likes sparrows and doves!

Talk about your messy feeders...

And I second the Anole, I think it's American Anole (or False Chameleon), they go from brown to greem depending on background (really slow though)

I, too, thought about the Sharp Shinned One (The 'Sharpie'), inspired by the barred plumage in particular...... But I'm not an expert...... :mellow:

Research has indicated that the coloration is slightly different, but the barred plumage is there.