Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for Ruger GP100?

perttime

What aftermarket grips are there for Ruger GP100?

What do you like? Why?

I like the stock "rubber with wood panels" grips on my old Ruger GP100 - but am curious if there's something out there that I might like even better. So far, I've found Hogue and Badger models. Trying before buying is probably not feasible.

- Finger grooves: what size hands do they actually fit? My hands are not particularly large (just bought a pair of Mechanix gloves, size Large, that are a nice close fit)

- Mustn't interfere with speedloaders.

I have Hogue grips on every revolver I own. I highly recommend them. If you have a question about clearing your speed loader, I would give their customer service a call. They have always been very helpful.

Edited by UFO

The older, stock grips you mention are still available from Altamont and I haven't found anything that I thought was better. The Hogues have a lot of material at the top behind the frame. Might be a problem with your hand size. I've never seen a decent grip that had, what I consider to be, adequate speedloader clearance without modification.

Interesting...

My stock grips are still doing fine.

Elsewhere, in another language, one guy responded saying that Hogues are too narrow and Badgers are slippery. There's no way to please everybody :roflol:

I hear Nill Griffe from Germany is good, and they have models for Rugers. I just dislike their styling....

If you really like the gun, get Herret to make you a set

They base it on your hand size and will give you plenty of room for a speed loader especially if you let them know that is important to you

• 2 months later...

The older, stock grips you mention are still available from Altamont and I haven't found anything that I thought was better. The Hogues have a lot of material at the top behind the frame. Might be a problem with your hand size. I've never seen a decent grip that had, what I consider to be, adequate speedloader clearance without modification.

Thanks for mentioning this. I bought two rugers used that already had hogue grips on them. I had no idea the original look could still be had. Time to dress up the gp and sp.