Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shooting "buddies"

AikiDale

I hate it when everyone I shoot with, every friggin weekend, keeps asking when I am going to get my Open gun. Okay, not everyone, it was only three this last weekend. They know (because I opened my big fat mouth and told them) that I had ordered an open gun from one of the big name smiths and that I should have it by the end of November.

Well I'll get it when it's done. In fact there are two of them, one for me and one for my girlfriend. If I can understand that the holidays, family matters, competitions he chooses to attend, mishaps and keeping his prior customers happy all add a little time to the completion of my masterpiece then so can everyone else! I'd rather take the time to get it right than rush it.

Everytime I've spoken with him I am okay with what is going on and I don't expect to have a post in this thread after I get the guns.

Next time I order a custom pistol I'll damn sure keep it to myself!

[/rant]

Unfortunately, Dale, I think you just picked up a bunch more "buddies" :lol:

The truth of the matter is - they just want to live vicariously through you. What you should do is this - tell them it showed up, and bring "it" to a match in a gun rug. Let everyone know you have it, but refuse to show it to any of them. Let them see the gun rug, even. When the tension builds to a crescendo at the end of the match, you can show them what you brung - maybe a BB gun or something :)

Having had the opportunity to vent and reflect it occurs to me it is not my shooting "buddies" nor the questions that get me. It is that slimy knowing smirk on their faces as they ask the question.... :D

Dale,

If you would have listened to me, you'd be shooting your nice shiny new revolver!

You wouldn't listen and you went towards the dark side. Next thing you'll show up with a nose ring and those pants that hang down too low. It's not too late to come towards the light!

We have a six step program to rehab back to the wheelgun. Hoppy has a phone- in therapy line...it's a 900 number.

Dave

Well at least Kevin has seen it!

Mike, you are absolutely correct. I got a great time on the Mozambique drill at the steel match with it. Two to the body with one trigger pull and one to the head. Would have been a great time if I could draw....

Hey VixZen! Got any low carb chocolate chip cookies?????

Must have milk and cookies.... B)

Dale,

There's a gentleman who posted in open gun technical with the same problem. The thread is "the wait is killing me". (I'd link if I was smart enough).

Support group, maybe? :D

Because we care,

Dave

Dale,

There's a gentleman who posted in open gun technical with the same problem. The thread is "the wait is killing me". (I'd link if I was smart enough).

Support group, maybe? :D

Because we care,

Dave

Gee thanks Dave, I can feel the love.... :wub:

I am going off this weekend, putting on a white robe and a full length skirt and paying good money for a little oriental guy to beat me up for three days. When I get back I would really like to be able to say "hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at you side" :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...