Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Slides

R34PER

I like my heavier .40sw full size slide over my 9mm slide. I think they milled too much out on the inside and made it too light. Will the 9mm barrel and recoil spring run in my .40sw slide? More so will breechface/extractor work with 9mm?

I do not think it will work. I don't own a 320, but I'm assuming it functions the same as the P-series as far as the barrel locking up both where the breech locks into the slide and where the barrel contacts the slide at the muzzle. Since a conversion kit consists of both the barrel and slide for the new caliber, I don't think a 9mm barrel will function in a .40 slide. Now if someone makes a conversion barrel (i.e., a 9mm barrel with the same outer dimensions as a .40 barrel), that should work.

As far as the extractor, the story I've heard about the cause of a lot of the X-series 9mm extraction problems is that the extractor slot is milled in the proper position for a .40 case. GGI has a replacement extractor that they say fixes this problem, but it requires some milling of the slide. A couple of people I know who have had this done have not reported any more extraction problems. On the other hand, my 9mm Allround is still running fine 8k rounds in with the original extractor. So a conversion barrel would work in the .40 slide, but extraction might not be as reliable.

If you are shooting Production then .40 Minor is always a possibility.

The current 9mm design had reliable function of frangible ammo as a requirement so it's pretty light and I definitely wouldn't recommend any additional lightening. There has been a lot discussion and some testing about what the ideal weight would be for the 9mm slide. Some shooters prefer the current weight and others prefer less internal lightening. If a competition model of the P320 were to come out this season I would expect the slide to weigh a bit more than the current slide.

Edited by alma

I'm still waiting on the RX 320.

Need to find someone at SHOT Show and :cheers::eatdrink: :eatdrink:.

Then maybe we'd get some more info. :D

I actually have a very good friend who works for Sig but he's on the sales side.

The 9mm slide will not work with the 9mm barrel. Sig did a special run of 40 slides for the 9mm for Team Sig a while back. I shot it over the summer and it was nice. It had the slide milled for adjustible sights. It was one of the grey Gun manufactured units and had tens of thouisands of rounds through it.

You might see a 320 style Legion and a millede slide to accept their new optics. Right now production is back up to light speed levels so getting out anything that isn't already hot is going to be difficult.Look for a lot of new aftermarket items from outside vendors for the 320 to be announced at the SHOT Show.

Adjustable rear and FO front sight are nice. I haven't tried a flat-faced trigger, but many seem to really like them. Looks like the grip may have a sort of built-in magwell, but I kinda liked the cutouts to facilitate ripping out a magazine, which are now absent. They could have done away with the rail for a competition model (unless 3-gunners attach lights/lasers/etc).

Edited by JAFO

Once the factory model is added to the Production approved list, yes.

The Legion series use GGI's Intermediate trigger from the factory. I'm waiting for them to be added to the Production list so I can use that trigger in my X5.

It looks like they 3D Printed a CZ style grip out of plastic and put the 320 slide on top.... This has to be a prototype/mock up, because it looks like garbage.

It way not 3D printed. It's molded but talking to Phil it sounds like he has a couple of enhancements that he would still like to see.

The texturing is actually recessed areas for grip tape or other grip jobs (like glue and grit) of your choice to allow you to go as aggressive as you like.