Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 17 round mags?

BASE772

So I've got about 6000 rounds through my full size P320 now. Not one failure of any kind. Great gun!

So my mags have been used many times and even loaded up and sit for days. But 17 rounds in the fullsize mags is super tight. Anyone else experience this. I've got ten mags and they are all the same.

No big deal since can only load 10 for Production or Carry Optics anyway. Just curious.

I shot mine for the 1st time today and yes, only getting 16 rds in the mags. I had loaded them up and left them for a couple days hoping to get a little spring compression, but nada. I can live with it, just wish they'd let us know.

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I did hear that the gray vs the black followers made a difference. I read it on the interwebs so MUST be true...

Can you guys confirm?

I just tried out the two and can't tell a difference. But the two black follower mags I have are new.

Also, from what I've read, fully loading and then unloading the mags will do more to relax the springs than leaving them fully loaded. Springs weaken through repeated compression cycles, not from staying compressed.