Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Mississippi Classic

No sausage last year was due to his prices on it. We opted for more crawfish instead of sausage. I think this year we will have both. Just depends on him. Got another supplier that wants to bid on the job so maybe that'll work out. Or maybe we just get McDonald's to cater it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 major matches in MS would be freaking awesome!!! Maybe one day we could have a LA/MS co-major like the "Battle of the Boot" between Arkansas and LSU and add another major match to go with these 3. I certainly think the demand is there and plenty of clubs could help pitch in props and manpower and make it happen. Just thinking out loud;-)

No sausage last year was due to his prices on it. We opted for more crawfish instead of sausage. I think this year we will have both. Just depends on him. Got another supplier that wants to bid on the job so maybe that'll work out. Or maybe we just get McDonald's to cater it.

Your the best.

The Mississippi Classic is NOT the Mississippi State/Sectional Championship. It has been the State/Section Championship for years now only because no other club in the state offers to host one.

There are probably a number of reasons for that (it requires a large range, lots of props, tons of man hours, and are basically just a major pain in the ace) but if no one else is willing or able to put one on, don't get pissy because someone else does. If you or your club wants to host the Mississippi State/Section Championship and run it your own way, just let the Section Coordinator know. While I can't speak for everyone (like some of you seem comfortable doing), my guess would be that the guys at Magnolia would not even contest it. The MS Classic would still be a great match no matter what the state/sectional designation and most people probably wouldn't care. They'd be excited to have two big matches in MS that year instead of one.

I made the offer two posts above yours.

Is this a yes?

Actually, I just saw the updated post where you're offering to try to host your own state match next year so that's perfect. I wish you all the best. I won't actually volunteer to come work it if you're running it because you've shown yourself here to be a little too immature to earn my respect and thus my time and effort, but I'll certainly endorse your application to host it. Good luck to you.

That's the spirit. Let me know if you ever come off that grudge, I'll save a spot for you.

Wow.... a lot got posted while I was in and out comprising that email response of mine. ha

I've spoken to several folks, including the current Team Magnolia President. I just got off the phone with Bryant (MS Section Coordinator) as well.

The 2017 Official MS State Match is all yours.

Perfect. Can I get the budgets y'all have from previous classics and the upcoming one?

2 major matches in MS would be freaking awesome!!! Maybe one day we could have a LA/MS co-major like the "Battle of the Boot" between Arkansas and LSU and add another major match to go with these 3. I certainly think the demand is there and plenty of clubs could help pitch in props and manpower and make it happen. Just thinking out loud;-)

Y'all more than welcome to help us out with the MS state match. These Jackson guys are gonna take a while to come off their grudges and lift a finger.

In the spirit of open communications early yesterday I pretty much decided we were gonna take BPSA independent, mostly because the MS section has never done diddly poo for us, other than benefit from our activity credits.

I've asked on several occasions how many slots the section receives where they go, etc, can I see "the waiting list" and pretty much never get an answer. That just don't jive with my desire for openness and communication.

We going independent so that we can control the slots we generate, and I can sling some to LA or AL shooters that support our match.

Thought briefly about trying to rally the other coast clubs into creating a separate section, effectively have MS1 and MS2, etc, two section championships, etc. but decided on the Indy idea being best.

Does anybody got a problem with an Indy club hosting the ms state match?

If anybody has any feedback feel free.

Gump, how many apps did you carry up to Jackson? I'm hearing crazy numbers thrown around, I said lets just ask the man.

Mosher, shoot me an email and after this match I'll have a propper run book instead of all my chicken scratch. Will send budget as well.

What about that proposal from December that we swap some slots for the prize tables. I know you got have some sponsor slots or something held back for this year. I know that guy from the tv show his ass didn't drive his app to your house.

I could give that away quicker than shit at an upcoming local match, get some interest for folks who missed out a second chance event.

Lets swap some of those and we'll put some ms state steel and ms state 2017 slots on the prize table.

Deal?

I could have a legitimate chance at a state title, but can't participate because nobody will listen to me and move the match to December when I'm not in the road.

Ive got great news for you. December looking like a great possibility. Liking June too. How your calendar in June?

I'm not some chump that doesn't offer solutions while looking down my nose at an entire group of people you know.

Good, because I'm signing you up to help. See if you can bring some of ya'lls shit down to for us to use.

I know a lot of your do boys up there were upset how the state steel match was run down here and cried like titty babies on the Internet about it, but haven't offered to lift a finger to improve it.

I wasn't affiliated with it, just shot it, saw some things I'd like to improve, so instead of bitching on the Internet I rolled up my sleeves and been doing something

A lot, I think it might have been 3 or 4 from Jackson and 2 or 3 from Louisiana. We offered viable suggestions, tried to contact the MD and were all promptly blown off and or ignored. To make it worse Chris tried to engage us as a proxy, we expressed our grievances and it just ended up him taking it personally and leaving. That's sincerely unfortunate because I think he's a great guy who put a lot of work into it and I really didn't want him to feel bad about it. It's not his fault what's his nuts didn't want to talk to anyone not from the coast.

I even pointed out in the rules where it was permissive to have division awards which is what the MD's excuse was. Hell, we didn't even want anything fancy other than acknowledgement. But with the way the match was run the only person that could win the state title is an open shooter. Max Michele ran all the other awards. So that leaves no incentive to drive all the way down to the cost, pay the large match fee, lose and then drive 3 hours (9 in my case) back home. I was even trying to find a flight so I could come shoot the match until I realized nobody with a viable chance of winning a state title could do so unless they had a an open gun. Maybe I should have borrowed one, but not being an open shooter it probably wouldn't have done much good. So congrats on the huge turnout... oh wait, nevermind.

Then the MD turned away a junior shooter when the match was barely half filled. That's upsetting. Maybe that kid's dad is a terrible dad and CPS should come take his kid away because he didn't preregister... but the kid is the one that got punished. I have a problem with that. I expressed my displeasure and I again tried to contact Mr. I don't talk to people MD. Sound familiar? It actually sounds like everyone's shit stinks including yours. #neato

So really your problem is predominately with me if you want to complain about the state steel challenge match and I don't even live in Jackson. I'm 3 hours north of that. Anybody want to bitch about Desoto RPC running a "sanctioned" SCSA match, not following the rules and not uploading scores? Of course not, because I'm the only mouth breather that lives there.

I could have a legitimate chance at a state title, but can't participate because nobody will listen to me and move the match to December when I'm not in the road.

Ive got great news for you. December looking like a great possibility. Liking June too. How your calendar in June?

I'm not some chump that doesn't offer solutions while looking down my nose at an entire group of people you know.

Good, because I'm signing you up to help. See if you can bring some of ya'lls shit down to for us to use.

December is great except for 2 December which is my daughter's birthday, 15 December which is my Wife's birthday, 24-25 December or 31 December. I'll be at Ft. Irwin in June. Pretty much anything outside of November/December is out. This is probably why I've only shot 1 major match in 6 years of competitive shooting. I'll make GM before I get to shoot a large match.

I have 6 half assed welded target stands I can bring. I'm not a match director and don't own anything else so I'm not sure what else you think I have.

Edited by Lee G

I certainly think the demand is there and plenty of clubs could help pitch in props and manpower and make it happen. Just thinking out loud;-)

Never apologize for thinking out loud. I know open communications with section members makes a lot of guys nervous, but I think it's a great thing for consumers/shooters in the area.

Along those lines, looking for feedback on a rough outline that the state match would have a signup window similar to La gator, two weeks open to ms residents only. If you eligible for state title, you eligible for early entry. No if ands or buts. #1 goal is to crown state champions. This a state match, not a block party.

After that window we let out of staters in, with a twist.

You come in from out of state, the next year we guarantee your slot back the following year conditional on having space after all ms residents are in.

In short, you get in year 1, you have right of first refusal on your spot after that. No sweating to make it in each year. Although in reality, at least for the near term, range carrying capacity won't be an issue. Especially without crawfish and other social stuff. I'm not big on prize tables and parties. I been to the classic last several years ain't ate the first one. I go to shooting matches to shoot matches. Maybe we get somebody on board who wants to help with that ancillary stuff. It's not important to me, although it is to a bunch of folks, this match might not be for them. You want a prize stay home buy yourself something nice.

Hey I choose not to send in an app this year because I felt it has got to popular and took the fun out of the match. It now don't feel like a State Match it feels like a crawfish boil without sausage. I feel some one person shouldn't be able to drive to a mailbox and drop of x number of apps or living 30 mins away dropping off your app. This process definetly isn't the fairest to out of town people. This process would change if JACKSON guys had to drive to a house on the coast to get in to their STATE MATCH. It's fair game on how to get in the match I agree with you there just don't agree in the process. That's why I'm on the sidelines this year. As for the leak I'm just reading on here like you.

What a load of crap. We have sausage.

We didn't have sausage last year Mr Hatchet.

There was sausage. We just gave it to our friends and the ones that showed up early.

Hey I choose not to send in an app this year because I felt it has got to popular and took the fun out of the match. It now don't feel like a State Match it feels like a crawfish boil without sausage. I feel some one person shouldn't be able to drive to a mailbox and drop of x number of apps or living 30 mins away dropping off your app. This process definetly isn't the fairest to out of town people. This process would change if JACKSON guys had to drive to a house on the coast to get in to their STATE MATCH. It's fair game on how to get in the match I agree with you there just don't agree in the process. That's why I'm on the sidelines this year. As for the leak I'm just reading on here like you.

What a load of crap. We have sausage.

We didn't have sausage last year Mr Hatchet.

It was a crawfish boil. I distinctly remember seeing crawfish served. Mission accomplished.

I'm guessing some of you guys probably complain around the office coffee pot because they're no weenies in you Foldgers?

Oh well, I'm excited that there will be a 2nd Level II in MS next year.

A lot, I think it might have been 3 or 4 from Jackson and 2 or 3 from Louisiana. We offered viable suggestions, tried to contact the MD and were all promptly blown off and or ignored. To make it worse Chris tried to engage us as a proxy, we expressed our grievances and it just ended up him taking it personally and leaving. That's sincerely unfortunate because I think he's a great guy who put a lot of work into it and I really didn't want him to feel bad about it. It's not his fault what's his nuts didn't want to talk to anyone not from the coast.

I even pointed out in the rules where it was permissive to have division awards which is what the MD's excuse was. Hell, we didn't even want anything fancy other than acknowledgement. But with the way the match was run the only person that could win the state title is an open shooter. Max Michele ran all the other awards. So that leaves no incentive to drive all the way down to the cost, pay the large match fee, lose and then drive 3 hours (9 in my case) back home. I was even trying to find a flight so I could come shoot the match until I realized nobody with a viable chance of winning a state title could do so unless they had a an open gun. Maybe I should have borrowed one, but not being an open shooter it probably wouldn't have done much good. So congrats on the huge turnout... oh wait, nevermind.

I'm not up to speed on your list of grievances with that match, but they recognized division winners.

Trent Cherin won MS State, AJ McCartney won limited and some cash, Ed Ellison won revolver got a big plaque, drake Bayles won something, Donnie Miculek won a division, and some guy named Chris win a division.

Lot of cash won by people not named Max.

And if you staying away because Max, I don't know what to tell you. He's coming back next year. Maybe you should temper your expectations.

I shot it for the competition, not for prize money. Hell I was there, come see how you stack up.

Then the MD turned away a junior shooter when the match was barely half filled. That's upsetting. Maybe that kid's dad is a terrible dad and CPS should come take his kid away because he didn't preregister... but the kid is the one that got punished. I have a problem with that. I expressed my displeasure and I again tried to contact Mr. I don't talk to people MD. Sound familiar? It actually sounds like everyone's shit stinks including yours. #neato

Don't know what to tell you. I wasn't the MD. I just shot the match. Didn't see it occur, don't know the details, asked for them when I looked into and I get conflicting stories.

I couldve joined in the pity party online and piled on the MD and the personal attacks made against him, but I stepped up to effect change instead, and it won't happen again.

So really your problem is predominately with me if you want to complain about the state steel challenge match and I don't even live in Jackson.

I have no problem with you. Don't be so sensitive. Edited by mosher