Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm MAJOR in a Lonewolf barrel?

ChefGierke

Hey guys I am currently running a 9minor Open Glock34. I am hoping to make the jump to MAJOR pf for spring time. I am wondering if the Lonewolf barrel will hold up to the Major loads? Or if there is another brand of barrel that is better? I am ordering my ammo from http://www.jjrammo.comHe said " My typical load for a G34 barrel is the same powder charge that you run for 2011 with a 124, but with a 115 JHP which makes a healthy 170-175 PF. 9 Major ammo is $320/1000 rounds delivered to your door." Does that sound right? Hows the price? I cannot find anywhere else that makes 9Major ammo. And I do not reload so that is not currently a option for me. All thoughts/advise appreciated!

You should start reloading. you'll be profoundly happy once you do!! two case's of Jrammo ammo and you'll have a Dillon reloader. I've always went with KKM barrels, neaver try'ed lone wolf.... Good luck

Yeah reloading is pretty high on my want/need list but it will be quite awhile before I am loading 9Major as I am rather fond of my hands being attached to my body!

Well yeah, that,s why you should load your own. Every gun, barrel combo is different and I'm not sure off the shelf major nine at 175 pf is safe in every gun. Others may chime in here, but I believe you will be safer if you start low and work your way up in 0.1 or 0.2 grain increments using a decent chrono.

A buddy of mine uses solely JJR for his 9 major needs. Probably has run through 10's of thousands with no issues in his 2011. Make sure that they are loaded short enough to fit in your mags before you order them. I've run 9 major through a LW barrel with no problems before.

Think the feeding problum starts at 1.160 OAL. run mine at 1.145 ta 1.150 OAL

Ladder load testing, the safe'est way to make major PF for each individual gun, looking for pressure signs and cronoing as ya work your up.

Edited by ickus