Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any of you CZ TS Limited shooters come from a glock?

obsessiveshooter

Hi all,

I've been shooting a G35 in Limited for a while and I'm looking to move on. (Reliability issues that are undoubtedly some simple fix, but I've kinda lost faith in the thing.) I handled a TS in a shop yesterday and I was amazed at how similar the feel was compared to my gen 4 G35 with the large backstrap. And the trigger... wow.

Last night I shot an indoor match that showed me just how difficult it is to switch between platforms. I bought my first 1911 recently and tried shooting it in an indoor match in singlestack. Yikes! Compared to my Glock, it is an ergonomic nightmare. It's tough to go from putting down fast runs with one platform to really novice-looking runs with another platform. I thought it would be fun to take the new gun out, but didn't account for how competitive my personality is. That was the least-happy I can remember leaving a match.

So, what can I expect that might make the transition difficult, if I were to save my pennies and get the TS?

Not exactly your same scenario, but recently switched from an M&P 9L to a CTS LS-P in Production. The trigger just took a bunch of dry fire to get used to. After just a week, I was better on the CZ, and *awful* on the M&P. The only other real hump to get over for me, and one I'm still working on, is the slightly smaller magwell with no bevel hurting my reloads a bit.

Coming from a Glock, you'll have to get over the grip angle change, which is probably more substantial than the trigger difference. The TS magwell should be a boon instead of a hinderance. If the grip *size* change messes with you, there are grip panels with different widths to help. Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.

I went from a Glock 24 to a TS this past spring.

The biggest adjustments for me were:

• Support hand grip - Coming from the Glock I was used to the very high, very forward canted support hand grip, and I could hit that grip very consistently because once my fingers hit the bottom of the trigger guard it was just a matter of rolling my wrist forward until it naturally stopped then clamping down on the grip. Doing the same thing on the TS gets my support hand all over the safety and slide stop. It took me A LOT of experimenting in live fire to find the right support hand placement that would keep me out of the controls but still give me good leverage and pressure into the gun.
  • Mag catch - The TS mag catch spring is very heavy and has caused me issues. I've learned to hit that button like it owes me money every single time, but even at that if I don't hit it at a very direct angle it will still give me trouble. I still use Glocks as my defensive pistols and now when I shoot those it feels like I'm going to drive the mag catch out the opposite side of the frame.

I noticed that about the mag catch spring in the shop. My 1911 mag catch was stiff in the same way- I polished the mag catch and cut a coil off the spring and now it's much easier to work.

Could the same approach work on the TS, or are softer springs available?

The mag catch spring on the TS is a whole different animal, more of Glock type setup but with two legs instead of one so there are no coils to clip. There is not an RP option that I am aware of.

I've heard of a handful of methods to lighten them up between thinning a leg, pinching it in a vice, heating it, etc but haven't tried any of them yet.

I have the exact same story as you. Shot the glock pretty well, but if the trigger was set up in a way I liked I would get mysterious malfunctions. Eventually was just shooting it with polished factory components so I could have reliabilty.

I have had no issues with the TS mag release at all. I have fairly small hands, so I don't have any problem with accidentally dropping mags like a lot of people do (because the mag release is so long). But I have never really noticed that you need to press the release very hard to drop a mag or anything, it always seems to me that as soon as you touch it a little bit it drops. I doubt you will need to lighten it at all.

My issue is with the grip size, but if you are using a large backstrap then that probably won't be an issue for you.

I pinched the mag spring on my TS just enough for the legs to barely touch the slots on the mag release and it made a whole we lot of difference. Too much bend will cause some slack on the mag release and possibly fte the we mag.

Of course, I did this with new extra springs in tow.